so are these amps good for only metal tones or can i play something with less gain as well?

i play bands like sum41 , blink 182, green day, foo fighters. but i also like some higher gain sounds like papa roach or bullet for my valentine, a day to remember...

and maybe i should pick bugera 333xl??

whats the difference between 6262 and 333xl?
those amps are going to "do" pop punk in the butt...

For those "higher gain" bands those amps will do fine, just take the 6262, more channels = more win
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
i don't play pop punk and don't listen to it at all.

but from the live pop punk bands that i see at festivals and whatnot with other bands there, it sounds like you could just plug your guitar into about anything and it would work fine.

to me it seems like its one of the few, if only, genres that the guitar's tone is not defining the sound of the band.

so you could plug whatever in and just get the right EQ and dial in the right amount of gain, you should be fine.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by hr113
those amps are going to "do" pop punk in the butt...

For those "higher gain" bands those amps will do fine, just take the 6262, more channels = more win

actually the 333xl has three channels and the 6262 has only 2 channels.
but thats ok.

i just want to know whats the difference between these amps. and how do they sound when the gain is turned down a bit?
a lot of pop punk bands use dual rectos and stuff like that so i think it should do fine..

the 333xl has el34's whereas the 6262 has 6l6's, but is there something else?
The 333 is more versitile, but the 6260 will work fine, it just has the ability to have a monsterous amont of gain.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
actually im not looking an amp only for pop punk. i just want an amp.that has a great punchy sound and is nice, tight and chunky when playing palm muted stuff.

the 333 seems a bit versatile. but i dont know. is there a difference in sound?
which of them is tighter sounding and doesnt sound so harsh?

i have a marshall dsl 401 and it just gets harsh when i turn up the gain..
The 333xl is a Peavey JSX clone if that gives you a clue of the sound and it has 3 chanels and not 2. The 6260 series is the 5150/6505 clone. Both are good, but my personal choice was a 333 the XXX clone. I play alot of metal, but I grew up listening and playing alot of Lagwagon, NOFX, Pennywise, and the 333 has delivered amazingly well. Don't let the bashing get you leary, I've had mine for almost 2 yrs and not one problem. It will hold its own against my other two guitarists Mesa Dual and JVM.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by revolver92
actually the 333xl has three channels and the 6262 has only 2 channels.
but thats ok.

i just want to know whats the difference between these amps. and how do they sound when the gain is turned down a bit?
a lot of pop punk bands use dual rectos and stuff like that so i think it should do fine..

the 333xl has el34's whereas the 6262 has 6l6's, but is there something else?

*i don't know this for a fact, so im stating this outright and for the record hate doing so*

the 333 would probably do you less than the 6262. i could not see needing the third channel (equivelent to the ultra channel on the peavey which as you should know is the XXX) needed for pop punk, so basically if you are using it mainly with pop punk in mind, is unneeded.

and i think that the heavier channel on the 6262 would make you happier with the other tones you wanted in the origional posting. so that is why i would say to go with the 6262.

dispite what most will say, i think the 6262 (read section lower) sounds decent with the gain dialed back.

*the reason for my disclamer is that i have not played either bugera, just the peavey's they were cloned from, but i have spent a good time with them both and for the record, hate the XXX.*
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
thanks a lot guys.
it's just so hard to chooose between these 2 amps, and i don't have an option to play them live. so i'll buy online..
and i just dont want to buy another harsh amp lol
my marshall dsl 401 doesn't have enough balls and sounds fizzy on higher gain settings.
but i think these should be an upgrade...i liked what i heard on youtube..
and now im leaning towards the 6262..
Quote by revolver92
thanks a lot guys.
it's just so hard to chooose between these 2 amps, and i don't have an option to play them live. so i'll buy online..
and i just dont want to buy another harsh amp lol
my marshall dsl 401 doesn't have enough balls and sounds fizzy on higher gain settings.
but i think these should be an upgrade...i liked what i heard on youtube..
and now im leaning towards the 6262..

i will say if you don't want harsh, go for the 6262 (based on my experience with the 6505), its a lot darker, whereas i have hated every XXX i have played and thought they were shrill and harsh, even with the treble way down.

but again the bugeras could be different from the peaveys, so again take that lightly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i will say if you don't want harsh, go for the 6262 (based on my experience with the 6505), its a lot darker, whereas i have hated every XXX i have played and thought they were shrill and harsh, even with the treble way down.

but again the bugeras could be different from the peaveys, so again take that lightly.

ok, thx for the advice!
For whatever reason, a lot of pop punk bands use really high gain amps like Mesa Rectos, and 6505s. After reading all the posts, I'd say of the 4, you'd be happiest with the 6262. It will do everything you want pretty well. It's not as versatile as the 333XL, and takes a while to dial in cleans, but it should be very capable of doing everything you want to do, as long as you apply the proper EQing.

Though I should say, that I'm very much in the same boat as trashedlostfdup. I have very extensive knowledge of Peavey amps, and that is what I'm basing this all off of.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 13, 2011,