Hi, its a cheap fender strat copy, the size of the nut and nut groove is the same as the Fender one. Is there supposed to be some glue or something to stop it moving during string bending or is it supposed to be so snug in the groove that it wont move?
i'm sick of it moving up and going out of tune during a solo or hitting an open 6th string hard.
replica black stratocaster, ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom / ernie ball super slinky
digitech death metal
as eg10j 10watt amp
umm. are we talking about the actual nut moving because its not glued in place or the strings not setting in the nut properly? either way it's not good.
Slide the nut out, clean the slot, clean the nut, and then smear a drop of wood glue in the slot and put the nut back.
Quote by jpnyc
Slide the nut out, clean the slot, clean the nut, and then smear a drop of wood glue in the slot and put the nut back.

do NOT use wood glue. use elmers glue instead. and seriously, 1 small drop.

if its not called Elmers where youre from, then I mean the white "school glue", aka polyvinyl acetate.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
So a drop of glue is supposed to last under all the tension from the strings?
I'll try it.
replica black stratocaster, ernie ball skinny top heavy bottom / ernie ball super slinky
digitech death metal
as eg10j 10watt amp