Hey eveyone, hopefully someone can help me out. I'm looking for a half stack but i'm open to a 2x12 or loud combo (I need to be heard over drums). What i'm looking for is some type of combination of amps or anything that will give me a high gain metal/hardcore sound (like the 6505) but will also give me a nice classic rock tone.

I've checked out used Jcm800's but I don;t know how they do with metal/modern hardcore type stuff. Anything that anyone can tell me is appreciated. Don't worry about budget, I'm looking at used stuff anyway..but i don't want to go much over 1,000$

Thanks
Splawn Quickrod or Splawn Promod

used you will be looking just a little bit higher budget. i got my PM for $1050, so they can be found cheap.

Scott Splawn makes a killer amp, thats why i own two of them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Check out a used Marshall JVM, or possible the new Slash amp.

I would usually recommend different amps for both the styles though.

Maybe the Bugera 333xl could do you good. It has 3 channels, the first is a clean, the middle an old school crunch that could definitely do Guns n Roses and the last is proper heavy high gain. This could work out great for you.
the bugera 1990 is an incredible amp.
its a british type of sound good for GN'R
I own it and i have gotten good metal sounds out such as Bullet for my valentine, atreyu, as i lay dying etc.
it is an incredible amp for the price
all tube amp for around $650
Quote by jkielq91
Check out a used Marshall JVM, or possible the new Slash amp.

I would usually recommend different amps for both the styles though.

Maybe the Bugera 333xl could do you good. It has 3 channels, the first is a clean, the middle an old school crunch that could definitely do Guns n Roses and the last is proper heavy high gain. This could work out great for you.

hmm the bugera 333xl sounds good. I didn't know slash had a amp. Thanks for the help i'll check them out
Quote by ROCKER1000GNR
the bugera 1990 is an incredible amp.
its a british type of sound good for GN'R
I own it and i have gotten good metal sounds out such as Bullet for my valentine, atreyu, as i lay dying etc.
it is an incredible amp for the price
all tube amp for around $650

Really? I'll definitively have to check that out. 650?
Bugera seems like a good brand..but do they even sell their high gain heads and these amps anymore?
isn't the 1990 based on a jcm 900?

diode clipping shenanigans...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jet City JCA100h
and
JCA48s;

$1,000 new.

It's 100w, more than loud enough to be heard over a drummer and plenty of headroom for clean tones.

It can easily do Guns 'n Roses and can also easily do high gain metal, even without a boost (ignore what that reviewer RAM says, he's full of shit). It can also do cleans very well, should you ever need that as well.
With your budget, there's no need to bother with Bugeras stuff. Just go for a Peavey JSX. (what I was going to recommend anyway, and what the 333XL is a clone of).

Bugera is great for what it is, and they offer great tone for the price range, but their durability and reliability is questionable.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
okay i'm checkin out some peavey and the jet city stuff now thanks everyone

and yes i think the 1990 is based off the jcm900
|
|
V

Soldano Avenger

High Gain Metal to GNR Growl very easily. Or, you can use the low input with crazy high volumes and a pedal in front.
I got the amp for $900. If your not stuck on exactly $1000 you could shop around for a pretty good 2X12. I found a 4X12 on CL for $100 bought new speakers and am going to sell the G12T-75s it came with. SO if you look hard enough and can wait $1000 isn't impossible.
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
the avenger would pwn
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by penguinguy34
Soldano Avenger

+200

If you could find one of those used for $1000, get it. It can't do cleans but it will cover everything else you need, and sound amazing as well.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
+200

If you could find one of those used for $1000, get it. It can't do cleans but it will cover everything else you need, and sound amazing as well.

Sounds like a good amp but I like what i've seen from Bugera. I've just heard things about reliability. I'll check out the avenger
i'd suggest a peavey jsx or xxx
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.