So ive played guitar for 6 years right handed, due to injury i can now only use 2 fingers to fret, so im now seriously considering switching to left handed playing. Anyone ever tried doing this???? Do you think you would progress really fast (technically)? I know that Michael Angelo Batio does the double neck thing but i dont think he picks with his other hand- its all legato...
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Django Reinhardt. that is all.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Will your injury heal enough that you think you'd be able to fret with your other fingers again?
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Quote by theogonia777
Django Reinhardt. that is all.

haha i posted about my injury a couple of days ago and it turned into a Django thread....looks like it might happen again

the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Quote by giveitaname87
Will your injury heal enough that you think you'd be able to fret with your other fingers again?

nope

I think your timing won't be affected to much. Your technique will go down the shitter though. But, you know how to do all these things that you need, it's just getting your hands used to them.
Quote by Jacek.W
haha i posted about my injury a couple of days ago and it turned into a Django thread....looks like it might happen again

this is your other option. it's a good option too.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yea, you will probably suck at first but really it's all a matter of practice.

Though it sucks trying to get a left handed guitar. There are very little options
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I tried playing guitar left handed... believe me ... its like starting guitar all over again, you know how to play the shit but you just cant...

Man i've forgotten how hard is the beginning of playing guitar
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    I used to play lefty but then I changed to righty, it's definitely not like starting over since you already know the exact techniques and fastest ways to get as good as you were.
    Quote by Portuguese_boy
    I used to play lefty but then I changed to righty, it's definitely not like starting over since you already know the exact techniques and fastest ways to get as good as you were.

how long did u play b4 u switched?i find picking impossible when i switch, but the fretting hand seems to have some skill- im guessing just from practicing tapping

Quote by Jacek.W

I believe it was my suggestion to go lefty. It will take practice, but you'll get there.
    Quote by Athabasca
    My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
    Quote by crazysam23_Atax
    Hendrix was a lefty

This is true.

A lot of U.S. presidents were lefty as well.

Let them inspire you.
    Quote by blake1221
    This is true.

A lot of U.S. presidents were lefty as well.

Let them inspire you.

Yes, but are all of them concerned about being able to sweep tap BTBAM's Selkies?