Hello fellow UGers......noob question here but I was wondering if alot of resonance is good or bad. My MIM Strat seems to vibrate......alot!!!....even when I pick a string. It travels through the entire fretboard and body and that is supposed to be good right? It just feels wierd though.

Thanks in advance
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I reckon... (could be wrong)

Good because you'll get more sustain, and better acoustic sound (playing unplugged will be louder perhaps?)

But, Not so good (debatable) You'll probably be more prone to feedback.

double edged sword :/
Quote by TylerM262
How much do you feel the resonance, cause my Vendetta does a little bit.

SO MUCH MORE than my other guitars. It does sound pretty loud acoustically too(compared to a les paul shaped ART300). And there is not feedback even when I turn the amp up!!!!!!

I'm starting to think that its plastic (jk)
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The action is very low so that might? affect it because I can't tell why it resonates to much.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
From what I've heard, the more resonance the better. One of the things to check when buying a guitar is how well it resonates. If it resonates well, that means it's well constructed, solid and made of good materials.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
It's good, it means that none of the joints in the body are hampering the vibrations through the body and neck or anything like that. Generally accepted wisdom states that it leads to better sustain and tone although I suspect your mileage may differ.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if you can feel the guitar responding to the string vibrations that can't really be a bad thing. but of course that is subjective - les paul, for example, liked his guitars to be perfectly rigid so that the wood would not vibrate and influence the movement of the string at all.

it certainly is abnormal for a MIM fender strat to resonate like that but it's really nothing to worry about. all guitars resonate when you play them, some more than others, and this thread is the evidence of that
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.