When I play certain chords where I have to use my index finger to bar such as a full C add 4 in standard open position I get this little pain in it. Or if I am soloing and do double stops and try to bend the c and e notes on the high strings. I have been playing guitar for years and I always tried to stay away from doing chords where you have to bar with your index finger etc. Should I do exercises or something with my finger to help the pain go away or something? It mostly feels like it comes from top joint.
Last edited by Unreal T at Jun 13, 2011,
Quote by Unreal T
When I play certain chords where I have to use my index finger to bar such as a full C add 4 in standard open position I get this little pain in it. Or if I am soloing and do double stops and try to bend the c and e notes on the high strings. I have been playing guitar for years and I always tried to stay away from doing chords where you have to bar with your index finger etc. Should I do exercises or something with my finger to help the pain go away or something? It mostly feels like it comes from top joint.

Pain is not a good thing. What I suggest is that you give your finger a little bit of a rest and stop playing for a few days and then try again. If the pain is still there, then I would suggest you soak it in cold water and if that doesn't help, then maybe you should go see a doctor.

ron666