Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V

(Invalid img)

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Jazz-Bass-V-Natural~ID~15686.asp

Squier Vintage Modified Mustang

(Invalid img)

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Squier-Vintage-Modified-Mustang-Bass-Guitar,-Black~ID~15697.asp

also available in sunburst

Thoughts?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.

EDIT: I would seriously consider the VM Mustang, but its not on any American retailer's sites, at least not yet.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Jun 13, 2011,
I'm hoping Squier or Fender makes a radically different Mustang bass, with 32" scale, better bridge, and high output split P-bass pickups.
Quote by SSaxdude
I'm hoping Squier or Fender makes a radically different Mustang bass, with 32" scale, better bridge, and high output split P-bass pickups.

I doubt they'd ever do a 32" scale, but as for the rest of it...pray for a Pawn Shop Mustang.

I've had Mustang GAS all last week, and this does not help in the slightest.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos

EDIT: I would seriously consider the VM Mustang, but its not on any American retailer's sites, at least not yet.

I second this motion.

The VM Mustang will be mine.
Another JV in the lineup ew.

I just wish that they have a PV.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
That Jazz V may well be mine at some point in the future.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by SSaxdude

What's wrong with the original bridge? I have a MIJ and never noticed any issues. As for the pickup, dimarzio sells a rail style P pickup, that would look B itchin' on that black mustang, and make string spacing a non issue. Anyone know if jazz or P bass style chrome covers fit over that hunk of a bridge?
Interested in whether that Jazz V will be a step up from the other Squier V's I've played. Would be nice to add a five string to my options and if it holds up as well as the VM J four then I'll definitely be weighing up my options and pennies.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Sorry VM Jazz V, I'm still getting a Marcus Miller V. Massive props for not having an ugly as sin 5-in-line headstock though.

But that mustang... Hmm...
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
My local store just had two squires come in.
Both mustangs one with a single Humbucker (music man styles but not AS fat) ....
and one with a PBass and a single jazz pickup.... weird thing is the Single humbucker still has 4 knobs :S
^ Those would be Vintage Modified Jaguars.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by tofuhead
My local store just had two squires come in.
Both mustangs one with a single Humbucker (music man styles but not AS fat) ....
and one with a PBass and a single jazz pickup.... weird thing is the Single humbucker still has 4 knobs :S

Jaguar.

4 knobs for active EQ...It's a standard 3-band eq Volume/High/Mid/Low.

In any case...

ZOMG DO WANT THE MUSTANG!!!!!! And it IS String through!!!! Yay for not-only-using SS strings!!! Buuuuut.... i don't like how it's so much more than the Jag... i'll need to do a side-by-side...
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Jun 15, 2011,