Anyone have any experience on changing pickups on a Wolfgang Special? I know it's blasphemous to do surgery on a Wolfgang (like I give a chit), but I notice there isn't enough bottom end and I was thinking of slamming in a new Seymour SH-4 in the bridge. Any experiences with the Wolfgang? Good, bad, whatever?

Thanx for reading.
Last edited by FlorinC at Jun 13, 2011,

"Thou shalt not **** with thy Wolfgang. Thy LORD, God, Eddie Van Halen, hath created it."
The book of Mormon, 12:69
No dude, seriously, don't, get a new guitar, DO NOT **** with the Wolfgang. Sodomy is illegal in Texas. (Or atleast it was)
It should be just like any other guitar. Just pop open the back, unsolder the old pickups, solder in the new pickups, bam, done.

^ Your overreacting dude. I don't care how great anyone thinks a guitar is, pickups are pickups, and the wolfgang pickups are not the greatest.
I never said they were amazing...... it's just why would you get a Wolfgang unless you want a Wolfgang? You **** with Teles, Strats, LPs, SGs, not a Wolfgang.

But taking away the fact that Eddie made it and it's a Wolfgang......

Same as any other guitar with humbuckers.
Peavey Wolfgang or EVH Wolfgang? IF it's the EVH, the pickups should be tuned to that guitar and they should cut in a band mix perfectly. Peavey... I've heard good things about them but there are nicer pickups out there.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
That would be the Peavey Wolfgang, circa 1999 model that I bought off some college kid back in Feb. of 2000.
Ah, cool. If you aren't afraid to mess it up, try putting an Alnico 8 magnet in it. That should fill out the missing low end.

You'll have to look around for the magnets though.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by LZRocker
No dude, seriously, don't, get a new guitar, DO NOT **** with the Wolfgang. Sodomy is illegal in Texas. (Or atleast it was)

Yeah I must admit, it does have a certain Van Halenistic sound that is unique.
Thanks for the feedback, dudes, it's nice to know what people think.