Hey my names Natesy, i have some questions and was wondering if a fellow bassist could help me out. Well kinda want to make a band with my friends and they like screamo which i don't have much experience listenin to or playin and i have trouble picking fast and consistently timed is there any secret to it or is it just practice, Also how should i have my amp tuned like using the High, Mid, and Low knobs thanz to anyone willing to share some insight

P.S. i have been playin bass for only like a year
$50 says you don't know what 'screamo' actually is.

Any examples of the sort of thing you mean?

Also I believe there is an EQ section in the FAQ that you might find useful.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
ya, be more specific please.
But like anything it takes time. Metal tends to be harder to play on guitar, and screaming is actually quite difficult... practice practice practice

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
LOL i probably don't that is what the call it either that or they call it hardcore IDK or care like Alerion or if you can't ride two horses at once you should get out of the circus both by Asking Alexandria the song is easy in theory but i can't get the picking down fast enough
That's just a practice issue.

Practice with a metronome.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Name some influences.
Im not a fan of screamo as such and i wouldn't know where to begin although i get more than my fair share of modern hardcore which i guess has similar aspects.
In regards to picking, it is practice... The more you practice the more natural it becomes and the more natural you will play fast rhythms etc.

In regards to your EQ it really depends on what your going for. Turned up lows + highs and turned down mids = punchy sound which im a fan of. But as everything to do with EQ it depends on your rig, your band etc. An unreal bass sound can sound like shit if it just doesn't suit.
good way for great growl is if you have a bridge jazz pickup turn off the others and use only that one and play very near to the bridge

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
then tune down?

If your after a hardcore band, one of my main projects atm is a hardcore band.
Most hardcore bands tune down to either Drop C, or as far as i know A# is a common one for bands such as architects etc.

Try the sort of EQ i suggested, but then it will depend on your rig + bass for how it sounds.
I run a pretty nice GK rig + Spector Euro4 bass so... mine wont be the same as yours.
Anyone else read his tag name as nazi for life, until he said his name was natesy. As for your band, I suggest, 200+ watts for playing live, really any bass will do same for any genre, nothing really changes.
Well now...

I'm a fan of screamo... at least in my definition... early to late 90's... san diego, canada, chicago, DC, and boston..... bands like Heroin, Antioch Arrow, Rites of Spring, Orchid, Pg.99, Majority Rule, Moonraker, Shotmaker, Crimson Curse, Unwound, Clikitat Ikatowi, Indian Summer, Swing Kids, Jerome's Dream, Mohinder... etc etc...

between 1997 and 2003 i played what i thought of as "screamo" and/or "powerviolence" and/or "emocore" and/or "emoviolence" and/or "skramz"... i always just said i was in a punk band...

Everyone just kinda played what they had in whatever way sounded good... Fenders MusicMans, and Rics were usually played... Ampeg tube heads, or more commonly Sunn, old Acoustic, GK, or Peavey solidstate heads... 2x15's, 6x10's and/or 8x10s were the norm... bassists played with pics, fingers or switched off.... i mean, essentially it's the same as any other punk-oriented genre... play what you have.

My setup was:

-'86 Fender P bass and later a '95 Ibanez ATK
-Sunn Coliseum 300 head
-Ampeg 2x15
-Buss TU-2, Boss CEB-3, Akai Headrush E-1, Boss ODB-3, old Green Russian Muff
-I played about 85% with a pick and 15% without
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Well just about any bass will work for metal/screamo, anything from a Fender P to an Ibanez loaded with actives. (Steve Harris from Iron Maiden uses a P bass and gets by just fine.) As for picking fast, that just takes time and practice.
I pride myself on my humility.