so i got a couple Q's about these guitars. i noticed Gibson says they have a worn finish but almost every picture they have they seem to look untouched (which is what i want) But i have seen some other pictures maybe even some on here? were the finish is worn back on the arm kinda zone. Secondly are these really legit guitars in your opinion or are they just another overpriced log with a Gibson headstock. i have been tempted by these for a while but have not had the chance to try one. they seemed alright on Youtube but then again its Youtube. sorry to ramble your thoughts are appreciated
I bought, 1 (actually 2) this week and returned it tooo....
the finish on the 1st one was perfect! but it had a giant crack down the side of the neck/fretboard. The second one looked like this,

and while it looked ok (to me) I still returned it in favor of something else lol
I have one, its not really worn, just doesnt have a shine to it. I took my pickguard off and polished mine, now tryin to figure out what pups to put it, not crazy about the P90's.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab
It's pretty much just a satin finish. I played a '60s LP and a '60s SG this Saturday, and while I wasn't huge on the LP(Iunno why, I don't like the look of the '60s LPs though, the creap P90s/pickguard gives them this really Danelectro vibe IMO), the SG was absolutely killer, very nice, crisp tone from the bridge pickup. My only complaint is that I didn't like the neck pickup, it was really muddy and undefined IMO, like the tone was on 0 even though it was on 10(oddly I find this with most single-coils in the neck position, but I love humbucker tone in the neck for cleans, whereas from talking to others it's generally the other way around). Regardless, I thought the SG was absolutely killer aside from the neck pickup and that's easily replacable, if I wasn't $300 in debt for a Schecter and unemployed, I'd have bought the SG. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I'm usually not a fan of Studios, but I love these guitars. They feel really nice and are actually pretty reasonably priced for Gibsons.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
idk if those P90's are different from what are in my Les Paul (Custom Reissue), but they sound killer. I wanted to grab one of these, as a backup for my Les Paul, and I thought that these felt and sounded pretty sold. The only things is that I think the worn finishes are ugly, but the SG's look awesome. I may try to grab one of those second hand and upgrade all the electronics!! Also, Les Paul's with 60's necks just don't feel right to me. Mide-Late 50's necks are my favorite.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Everyone on the MLP forum has been creaming their panties over them. I've not had a chance to play one but from youtube vids and the like they sound good. If I got one I'd polish it up though. Some people over there have done that and they look a lot better for it.

P90s FTW!
Said it before, said it again: May have just been the one I played, but it sucked major ass. Wood felt way too soft, neck was uneven (not the fancy uneven, more like they just slacked off while making it), decent finish, pickups left a lot to be desired.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Said it before, said it again: May have just been the one I played, but it sucked major ass. Wood felt way too soft, neck was uneven (not the fancy uneven, more like they just slacked off while making it), decent finish, pickups left a lot to be desired.

Not saying you're wrong/lying, but I've played four different 60s Tributes and they've all felt pretty great. Might have just got one of the bad ones.

(I work at a guitar shop - we have four of these in stock and we all love them)
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
Not saying you're wrong/lying, but I've played four different 60s Tributes and they've all felt pretty great. Might have just got one of the bad ones.

(I work at a guitar shop - we have four of these in stock and we all love them)

It was at GC. Pretty well set up, but it was probably a dud.