Hey guys! Ill start this thread off with my story......I feel that basic fundamental connections has been lost between me and my parents.....They "raised" me, and Im very grateful for everything they have given me, don't get me wrong. Im not trying to be that "kid" who rants and raves about hating his parents. My parents want me to go to college, make alot of money, get married, ect ect. Im not into that, its just not me....my mom has told me she hates me multiple times. I have told her the same....She has done alot of shit to me....Not saying im perfect....But she would always go out and just buy me shit....I didnt want anything just wanted her to treat me normal. Her and my dad are always arguing and if there not arguing, In all honesty, they yell at me. No kid in my house has helped out around the house like I have....But i get in the most trouble. I feel I've been born to the wrong parents. I feel everyday I lose more touch with them. I feel I don't even know them. I told them I want to move to san Fransisco the other day....and basically all they have done is told me how I'm going to **** my whole life up and I'll be a piece of shit.....this is what they have always done anytime i said i wanted to do something with my life.....I know i need to do music and art out there....not to make it big.....but to be happy and find Inner peace in me and the world. They keep asking me why I want to move to san fransisco and Im afraid to tell them becuase i feel it finalize any relationship of there dreams they had of me and I have....But its how life will be. I understand my parents trying to warn me though like saying hey man it's gonna be hard. or asking if i'm sure.....But they don't they just put me down about it.....Anyway how are your guys relationships with your parents. Please dont try to turn this into me being a whiny kid because im not, I've recognized the good and bad....Anyway go ahead guys, peace and much love~caleb
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
Ellipses: best in moderation.

This.

Do you really expect anyone to read all that?
RAINBOW SIG!
is there a TL;DR for this?
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Seriously man.... I got bored.... Just reading that.... Maybe next time.... You should use less ellipses.... I keep thinking that.... There was gonna be a dramatic part or something.... Too much suspense and shit....
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Read like half.

On topic, my parents are pretty cool. Nothing to complain about.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Also, RIP Dime.

sorry guys

Wall of text has been skipped, my answer is that i have a good relationship w my parents, im required to seeing as how they are paying half of my college
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Sorry to hear that dude, but I don't really have any advice. Me and my parents have always been on very good terms. I can't even think of really ever fighting with them.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Your parents want what they feel is best for you, they love you, and if they didn't they wouldn't give a nugget what you do with your life. At the same time, I understand your feelings, there comes a time you gotta become your own person.

As for me, my dad died of leuikemia when I was 4, so there's not much to say, but I know he was a good man. The closest I ever got to a father figure was a jackass not worth missing.

I think losing my dad made my mom a little protective of me and my bro, she wanted us to do good in college and get a stable career, but I'm the artist type, I want an exciting life instead of what she had planned for me. Not that she's unsupportive of me though.
I have a strange relationship with my parents.

My dad spent all of last night yelling about how I let him down consistently and how I never do anything his way which is apparently always right, and he spent all of tonight discussing how he's going to hand over the family business to me next year. He's confusing, is generally hard to get along with, and tends to have control issues but won't recognize them. But he can be alright. He's got a lot of ups and downs. I can't figure him out.

My mom on the other hand is awesome, and I'll admit at times I take that for granted.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Dude...that's a hell of a...wall of text you've got...there...

For some reason, I read my post in William Shatner's voice as I typed it.

Edit:

Quote by ripdime04
alot

Quote by ripdime04
alot

Quote by ripdime04
alot

Quote by ripdime04
alot

Quote by ripdime04
alot

Quote by ripdime04
alot

Last edited by Alex Vik at Jun 13, 2011,
hahahha alex your the man! and ghostmaker sorry about that brother, the good always get it the worst..........but i understand....but i feel its not out of love...i feel they just see me as an outcast loser cause im not in the popular circle and dont do sports every season and dont do this and that rather than appreciate what I do in my own talent

I read your whole post TS

I live with my dad, and we have a great relationship. He's done all kinds of cool shit with me over the years growing up. I currently am not speaking to my mom, but that's a different story entirely.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
^^thanks for taking the time brother, it means alot....and do you see where im coming from....I understand they want the best.....But in my eyes I need the support and love....Im not getting it.....I think part of it is I feel my spiritual Journey through life and psychedellics have giving me a whole new point of view and I took my life into my hands along time ago....They took a whole different route

Possible reason why your parents hate you: your grammar is awful. Also as a bit of advice for your personal situation, **** them. Your life is yours, not theirs. If you want to pursue music/art, do that, not what they want you to do. Granted, you'll probably be poor and/or homeless, but you'll be happy.

OT: Great with my mom, haven't spoken to my dad in years.

EDIT: SERIOUSLY? How many posts do there have to be to get you stop using so many ellipses? ****ING STOP IT!!!
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Last edited by jwd724 at Jun 13, 2011,
Yeah I totally understand your point dude. It seems a lot of parents have a specific path in life laid out for their kids they expect them to follow 100%. As soon as the parents find out the kids want to do something different, the love and support vanishes almost completely.

A good parent accepts their children no matter what they choose to do with their life, and they will always be there to support them. That's why I always favored my dad I guess. Parents need to realize its your life, not theirs.
Northern wind take my song up high
To the hall of glory in the sky
So its gates shall greet me open wide
When my time has come to die
tl;dr

But OT: Not brilliant. I've never known my actual dad, and was raised by just my mother for the first 5 years of my life, then someone else came along...they got married...had 2 kids. Since then I've been pretty much pushed out of the family circle, and I'm just some random drifter that lives in a room upstairs. Don't get any support for what I want to do, don't get respect on a personal level and like **** am I pushing myself just to gain it. There's no actual arguments or fights or anything...it's just nothing
Sooner I get out the better.
My dad and I are pretty formal with each other, he is with his dad as well. I love him though, and a lot of my friends are jealous of my parents.
My mom I joke around with more, that's about it. I never talk to them or anyone else about anything important. I could type a few paragraphs about how awesome my dad is, but I wouldn't want to wall of text.
sunbather is shit
tl:dr

They raised me, pulled me across the world leaving everything behind multiple times, barely have contact with them now, just the way I like it.
Quote by Alex Vik
alot

I've had very little contact with my father over my life, and I guess I get along with my mother alright. Although, I've noticed that I do things just do dissappoint her... I'm ****ed up.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I live with both of my parents. They're divorced, but still live in the same house, albeit they're never home at the same time and when they are, they're in separate halves of the house.

I have a great relationship with both of them. Mom expects a little too much out of me, but that's ok. She's the type that always wants their kids to be doctors or lawyers, but to be honest, I don't think I'm med school material. Other than that, my relationship with my parents is very great.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
I read the whole post. But, seriously?

Once again, I can't give any advice because they will be generic.

I've had a pretty good relationship with my parents on the whole. A few days ago I yelled at my dad because he was grumbling constantly about the same thing and basically pissing my mom off.

I feel bad about it, but I think we've already grown past that.
Treated like I'm still a child then become the (metaphorical) punching bag the next. No respect, all the shame

I'm leaving as soon as I can.
My relationship with my mom was hard for the last 4 year of her life. She had cancer and it was really getting on her nerves, which is perfectly ''normal''. Looking back I regret being the stupid teenager I was and not being more supportive. But she loved me and my dad and my little brother with all of her love, and it was wonderful in that way. My dad for the last years and a half took good care of my and my brother after my mom died.

Right now I'm very close close to my dad. He talk to me about his work ( aircraft mechanic ) everyday and exaplin me everything. I'm also teaching him guitar at the moment.

Last week he got himself a girlfriend. I'm okay with this, he deserved it and she won't t try to play the mother, as she already got a son ( 26, and not living with her ).

So yeah, I love my dad. I though my mom was the single greatest exemple of courage I could see in my life, but my father is not far behind, by continuing to take care of the house and his sons.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
My mom's cool, but she thinks I'm fucking up all the time, so I have to hear that every time I see her.

My dad's cool too, but more on the low-low. We don't hang out as much as we should. I'mma call that son of a bitch tomorrow.