Ok, my last post was about a good alt punk guitar, in that post someone pointed out to get a better amp first, and after some thought i agree.

Basically ive been looking at amps off all different brands, i want to get a tube amp but as i said before a $500-550 budget.

Just an amp with good cleans but can handle some nice high gain distortion with out sounding really muddy. I probably will run a distortion pedal through it but if it has a good enough distortion ill just use the amps. Like i had stated before im doing an A Day to Remember, Chiodos, D.R.U.G.S., flyleaf like sound.

Im open to suggestions and all are appreciated.
Quote by davidswigert
You might like a JetCity

Never really looked into them, would you say they are good amps

also i dont know of many people who play them
Quote by Charley2715
They are chinese made Soldanos essentially. Ive heard good things

yea thats the one thing i heard about them and they sound good to me but the one pet peeve i have with that is there isnt really a clean channel
You'll probably pick up a used Marshall JCM900 for that. Its about the only thing a JCM900 does well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
blackstar ht-20
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Alright I've been like raving about my jca100h. BUT FOR REAL. BUY IT. Good useable cleans. Great overdrive. Its such an amazing amp. My band plays music somewhat in the vain of ADTR. It works. I know ADTR uses or has at one point used Peavey 6505's. Try that. You'll need to stretch a little for a cab. I like the bugera 2x12. Good budget cab and as money comes in put in different speakers. And 100 watts is good for Hardcore-ish music. Amps have a volume knob for home use and at band practice you won't get pesky power tube distortion that muddies your sound. There aren't really any good combos I can think of in that budget for Hardcore, alt, punk whatever you wanna call it.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
Quote by alfguitar992
yea thats the one thing i heard about them and they sound good to me but the one pet peeve i have with that is there isnt really a clean channel

The "Normal Channel" Does cleans fine. With the 100 watts of headroom just keep the preamp down on it and its fine. Its not like a beautiful fender clean or anything. But it is a nice clean sound.
Pm me if you've got some pedals to sell
ive never been a huge fan of marshalls but ill look into them, blackstars are good amps, but their sound was like nothing special to me, and i got to look into jet city's alot more
Quote by AlaskanYeti
Alright I've been like raving about my jca100h. BUT FOR REAL. BUY IT. Good useable cleans. Great overdrive. Its such an amazing amp. My band plays music somewhat in the vain of ADTR. It works. I know ADTR uses or has at one point used Peavey 6505's. Try that. You'll need to stretch a little for a cab. I like the bugera 2x12. Good budget cab and as money comes in put in different speakers. And 100 watts is good for Hardcore-ish music. Amps have a volume knob for home use and at band practice you won't get pesky power tube distortion that muddies your sound. There aren't really any good combos I can think of in that budget for Hardcore, alt, punk whatever you wanna call it.

I think this is the one im going with, i really like the sound it makes and ill have to bite the bullet with the whole no clean thing but it still sounds damn good.
Im probably just going to run that with a ts9 for mid boost/solo boost and just general awesomeness