So i'm pretty much deadset on putting a guitar pedal in a Dean Razorback and I think i have a pretty sound theory. I'll router out a bunch of the front to reduce the weight the will be gained by the pedal. Then i'll mount the pedal to the body and cover up the hole with a full body pickguard or diamondplate. Since the battery will run down if the pedal is always plugged in I will place the input near the edge of the guitar and use a pedal cord to jump down to the guitars output. My only issue then is the output from the pedal. My question to all of the tinkerers out there is this, is there an extension cable that will plug into the pedals output and on the other end have a female end so i can run a regular cord to my amp? So basically i'm just wandering if anyone knows of a cable that has one male end and a female end, or would I, could I make my own cable??
here's how i would wire it...

keep everything the same. from where the output of the guitar would NORMALLY go (the jack) instead wire that to the input of the pedal. take the output of the pedal, and wire it to the jack. patch chord out to amp. simple. and to solve your battery issue, simply remove it from the pedal itself, route a battery compartment in the back of the guitar. buy the plastic battery box that you can get at parts stores, and you're set.
That sounds a little more in depth than i want, and my plan was to set it up so that i could swap out pedals and use different kinds for different tones. I would go with a MXR or BOSS pedal since most all of their pedals are the same.
It'd be cool if you could make it so you had the input jack (male side) and the power jack (also male side) poking out of the guitar's side so your pedal just popped right on, then have a frame that quickly holds the pedal in place. Definitely do able with a dyna comp

you could even have the power jack wired up to a battery inside the guitar (and an on/off switch for that matter).
you want to swap out pedals yet you're worried about battery life...? dude, no. if you're going to be switching them out, then just do this:

forget about battery life. you're pretty much stuck changing them when they die in the pedal. buy a second input jack. mount it to the inside of your guitar. run your guitars wiring to that jack instead of the outside one. use a very short patch chord (ones for between pedals) to run from this jack to your pedal. make sure you secure the patch chord tip so it doesn't fall into the guitar when switching pedals. from the output of the pedal, get a second patch chord that will wire to the output jack of the guitar.
Ya i want a patch cord like for between pedals to run along side of the guitar from the guitars out to the pedals in. Then i want to permanently mount another patch cord that plugs in to pedals out and mounts in the guitar as my final output to the amp so i can plug the amp cord into that patch cable that comes from the pedal giving me the effects of the pedal, or i can simply unplug the first patch cable and run straight with the guitar.
......why? I mean, cant you just trow it in your case and plug it up outside normally...? If I'm missing something please tell me
Quote by LeviMan_2001
I think this seems like a cause for duct taping the pedal to the guit.

McGyver Style!!!!!
Hmm... You might want to do a little reading on this man
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jun 14, 2011,
you can't tell me it wouldn't be awesome to have a pedal right there at your fingertips. Less tapdancing, plus its just plain cool to see something different like that.
I've never seen the point of this. It's nothing new. They make guitars with effects in them and have been doing this for years.

Personally, I don't think it would be cool at all. Why not put a clip on the back of the pedal and clip it to your guitar strap or even your belt.

If you do this, pick a pedal that will work well at the beginning of your chain if you use more than one pedal.
Quote by Griffin Effects
I've never seen the point of this. It's nothing new. They make guitars with effects in them and have been doing this for years.

Personally, I don't think it would be cool at all. Why not put a clip on the back of the pedal and clip it to your guitar strap or even your belt.

If you do this, pick a pedal that will work well at the beginning of your chain if you use more than one pedal.

Exactly. Whats-his-face-from-the-police's got an overdrive in his tele, which is just dumb. I think all you really need on a guitar is 1 volume knob and a pickup selector (if you've got more than one pickup). There's much more indepth tone controls on amps. Guitar = badass sexy looking hunk of wood with some strings on it. Amp = the thing that actually changes the sound (including effects for smart asses).
come on guys, i'ld be able to switch out pedals whenever and completely redefine the tone that i'm getting. I'm not talking about just any old boost pedal either, i'm talking something like a boss octave or harmonizer pedal. no way you can compare some onboard effect to that. even a six band eq and you could change your sound right then and there since its on the guitar. you wouldn't have to bend down and tweek it or have a roadie do it.