Page 1 of 2
Ok so I have 500$, and I need a new guitar. The one I've been using...is really really bad . Not even a full sized guitar. Anyway, if you guys have any recommendations that'd be awesome. I kinda want it to have a floyd rose. I'm not picky on brand name. Thanks people
what genres do you play? that would help with recommendations. and do you mind going used? these are questions people are going to ask first. But for that cheap, with a Floyd Rose, my first thoughts are used LTD, Schecter or maybe a used Charvel or Ibanez of some sort.
Quote by friendlyindie
I mostly play metalcore, metal, rock. But I also play jazz, blues, and indie. So ya

You can find a pretty decent variety for ~$500 (USED). Your aesthetics (whether you admit it or not) will hinder you on what you buy. But, if you look around on Musicians Friend (If you like Ozzy, Bullet, or Bodom) there are damn good ones new, for less than $500.

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-js32-rhoads-with-floyd-rose-electric-guitar

Randy Rhoads with Floyd. $400, three colour choices, and I believe it comes with a case. Can't beat that, man.
With that much variety, you'd probably want an LP type guitar of some sort.

Is your budget flexible at all? For $550-600, you can get a used LTD EC-1000FR.

On the cheaper side of things, you could get either an Epiphone Nightfall Les Paul, or an Epiphone EM-2 Prophecy Custom FX. On either one of those, you'd want to swap out the pickups though at some point.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I was going to work my way towards an Epiphone Les Paul Nightfall at one point. It costs about $499 brand new, it has a Floyd Rose, passive EMGs, and coil tapping. It's a neat starting guitar for metal. Not bad at all I would say. However I decided it would be best if I just save up an extra $350 for an LTD Deluxe EC-1000. It seems more worth it for the money IMO.
So I had to pay for shocks and now I only have like $375ish. My budget isn't really flexible-I have no job =( There was a used Squier classic vibe telecaster at guitarcenter for 270. Has anyone used one before?
Quote by friendlyindie
So I had to pay for shocks and now I only have like $375ish. My budget isn't really flexible-I have no job =( There was a used Squier classic vibe telecaster at guitarcenter for 270. Has anyone used one before?

Lol, dude, if you wanna see a SHITLOAD of stuff on Classic Vibes go to the TDPRI (basically THE tele forum). They're pretty good, great considering its a squire. I'm a telel man, but you don't exactly sound like a tele dude.... Maybe the John5? I mean it's decent and it's cheap and has humbuckers. And it even looks metal.
I'll take a look. thanks. and I actually love teles. thank you. Its an upgrade from my silvertone anyway.
Quote by friendlyindie
I'll take a look. thanks. and I actually love teles. thank you. Its an upgrade from my silvertone anyway.

Oh holy shit. You NEED a new guitar, lol. It's a big upgrade from a silvertone, and better than alot of epiphones too.
Ya. If you go to silvertone guitars web site, and click on the pandera package..thats what I have. I totally hate it but Im glad to have a guitar to have learned to play on.
Yeah, thats what matters. Honestly I think the guitar itself looks kinda cool, but probably sound like shit, lol.
yeah, the pickups are trash. plus the bridge is crooked and put in with super glue or something bc I cant get it out. on top of that the neck is warped. Ive used it for 8 years. so I need a new axe
I assume the amp it comes with isn't that good......most of your tone comes from the amp itself. Might suggest around $200 for a used guitar and $150ish for a used amp? You have alot of options for good amps (new) around 100
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
and for amps line 6 spider 4 amps very with the lowest at $100 again very good quality
Id say go used and get something that would regularly cost more.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Ok thanks. I went to gc and tried out a few. I liked the fender frontmans but they were similar to my smartIII amp. the champion 600 also seemed nice. as for guitars, I have no idea where to go. I can't get anything too nice bc of my budget, but I still want something fairly usable. I will try the b c rich though.
Quote by Mikeyrox3162
and for amps line 6 spider 4 amps very with the lowest at $100 again very good quality

Whatever you do, go used. You'll get a way better instrument then paying full price because its still shiny and new. (damnit! Someone beat me to it. Lol. )
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Jun 26, 2011,
I always check out what gc has used. I wish I had 600$. They had a used fender mustang. <3
Check out kijiji. Im getting an epi LP in like an hour now off kijiji for 200$
Lotsa deals on kijiji, craiglslist, ebay...

Edit. Pawn shops too!
Mikey is just trollin don't listen to him
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Troll is trolling
Gear:

Schecter Jeff Loomis 7-String
Engl Savage 120
Maxon OD-808
Harley benton 2x12 v30's
Bugera 333
Bugera 6260
Anyway Ill make sure to check their used stuff again. Im going friday(my town doesn't have a gc) hopefully they will have something nice in the used section. *crosses fingers*
I would look used there is some good stuff an cheap used. As the amp I would look for a used peavey vyper 15w modleing amp. It has tones of features an effect's an alot of different tone's.
Ok so I got a Ibanez Rg 5EX1 (or I think thats the model atleast) I really like it. I was actually looking into a used xiphos but it was missing alot of parts. anyway I got the rg for 300$ its like 400$ new and it also came with a 50$ strap =D. What do you guys think of it? it has INF pickups, edge tremolo, 24 frets, and its in a gunmetal grey finish.
Quote by friendlyindie
Ok so I got a Ibanez Rg 5EX1 (or I think thats the model atleast) I really like it. I was actually looking into a used xiphos but it was missing alot of parts. anyway I got the rg for 300$ its like 400$ new and it also came with a 50$ strap =D. What do you guys think of it? it has INF pickups, edge tremolo, 24 frets, and its in a gunmetal grey finish.

Pretty good for the price. The pickups aren't the best but you don't have to worry about that for a few years since your still a beginner.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
^ Im not buying a made in china knock off. thanks.
and while Im a beginner, Ive played for 8 years and Im just glad to have a newer guitar haha so Im not gonna complain about the pickups.
had to take it back. the trem was messed up and there was chips on the headstock =( it wouldve cost me to fix it. o well. my job starts soon so ill be able to save. thanks anyway people
Quote by JKHC
Pretty good for the price. The pickups aren't the best but you don't have to worry about that for a few years since your still a beginner.

He's not a beginner. He's been playing for 8 years.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by friendlyindie
^ Im not buying a made in china knock off. thanks.
and while Im a beginner, Ive played for 8 years and Im just glad to have a newer guitar haha so Im not gonna complain about the pickups.

They're made in Korea and a good deal for the price.
Page 1 of 2