I won a talent show recently at school and now I need to play a concert thing at our annual concert thing.
I was planning to play The Cave by Mumford and Sons (Open D), but aside from the main riff, the song is quite boring.
Could you guys give me some help in making it sound better, maybe incorporating the banjo into my guitar playing?
Why play a song that's so boring you need to change it? Pick something better.

If the song has other, more interesting parts on other instruments, try transposing those to the guitar.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
That was my point. But I'm not too good at picking stuff by ear, and I've never heard of Ultimate-banjo.com
Pick another song, I wouldn't expect anyone here to transcribe a whole song for you just for the lulz and you're not going to be able to pick up the skill in a few short days.

That being said: give it a go, if you know any theory and know how the rest of the parts already go I don't think it should be too hard to get it down.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.