Page 1 of 2
The Ten Commandments Of Owning A Pet (mostly dog)

More than just a pet thread.

I read that article and it made me realize that I don't treat my dog the best that I can. I am not mean to him or anything (in fact, my family rescued him from an abusive home), but I do not take him out on long walks to the park or play with him all that much. He just goes on his daily walk, eats, and sleeps. He is pretty much like a cat! Tomorrow I am taking him on a long morning walk in the woods and maybe fishing by the lake. Also, number 6 really got to me; it goes to show just how loyal some animals can be.

So how is your relationship with your pet?
^Aww man, I love cats... But come on, things like that just piss me off
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Holy shit.....
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
'...or my heart is getting old and weak.'

That's what happened to my dog last month - she was 13 (good age for a Labrador) and needed to be put to sleep because of heart pains. I'm 23 and have seen a lot, but it was one of the saddest things that's ever happened in my life. It's tough to grow up with a dog that you loved and cherished in your life, and then watch her have to go. She was always active and happy though, even in old age.

Kinda stupid and irrational, but I always really hoped that she'd remember how I tried to always treat her well and spent a lot of time with her; like, she wouldn't forget. I definitely won't, she made me happy so often, I can only hope I did the same for her. I really miss her

So yeah, the article speaks to the truth - to any pet owners out there, treat your pet well. What you back is far more than you ever put in, believe me.
OH GOD!

This thread man... This thread.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I have a lizard. He's not a pack animal, and is perfectly happy to sit under a lamp on his own all day.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I really miss my dog now

+1
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I have goldfish, those ten commandments don't appear to be particuarly relevant to me.
-TimmyExtreme-
I miss my dogs.

I have two pet turtles now that I love - but its not the same.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Twist of fate
Your dog knows how to work a fishing pole? Maybe he'll catch a catfish.

HAW HAW. No shit, I did laugh at the simplicity of it.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"

I LOVE MY DOGS FOREVER.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by whalepudding
I have a lizard. He's not a pack animal, and is perfectly happy to sit under a lamp on his own all day.

My tortoise wants to chill with your lizard.
I play with my dog every day and take her to the beach at least once a week.
My parrot on the other hand is a little more odd to spend time with. I make sure to spend at least half an hour (I know not much ) of "face" time with her. I do however bring her out of her room to hang out all the time.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
My tortoise wants to chill with your lizard.
I play with my dog every day and take her to the beach at least once a week.
My parrot on the other hand is a little more odd to spend time with. I make sure to spend at least half an hour (I know not much ) of "face" time with her. I do however bring her out of her room to hang out all the time.

What type of Parrot do you have? I've had an African Grey for about 3 months now, and he's still a bit tempermental, i.e. bitey. Any tips you have to get him used to being touched?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by shadow__666
I miss my dogs.

I have two pet turtles now that I love - but its not the same.

You wouldn't get as much affection from a turtle as you would from a dog

Thats my dog. Sorry about the size.
Quote by King Twili
What type of Parrot do you have? I've had an African Grey for about 3 months now, and he's still a bit tempermental, i.e. bitey. Any tips you have to get him used to being touched?

I also have an African Grey. Mine is a little over a year old now. We got her at six months old. By that point she was already used to being touched probably because she was had fed.
When mine bites I grab the top of her beat and tell her "no biting".

**** YEAH!!
African Greys!

Good luck.
ಠ_ಠ
I just got a text from my Dad saying his dog just fell down the stairs and broke her back. She's had to be put down
I have a dog.

I try to follow all 10 commandments, but on those off moments I can't be there for him I try to find some sort of playmate for him. (Not that kind of playmate, though. Those are for my own enjoyment.)
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I have spiders. Pretty low maintenance. In fact, I even manage to kill them from time to time, yet new ones just keep popping up.
I got my dog like 2 months ago or something, and I've treated him wonderfully ever since. I play with him, let him roam the yard, and he has a next door neighbor dog that he loves to play with. I would never hit my dog, that's just retarded. I make sure he has water and food always (well, not right after he eats but you know what I mean) and I will always love him.
My dad took my dog to the farm as a guard dog, and now we're stuck only with a gay ass cat. Seriously I want a new dog or that one back.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Awww. This made me miss my old dogs

Number 6 doesn't apply to my puppy though. He bites me for fun. On purpose. And does a lot of other bad things. On purpose. I can't really get angry at him because he IS a puppy, but still
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Quote by sticksause
About to go on a long walk with my labrador
Fun fact: Labrador dogs are in fact named after the place I live. Just saying

Anyway, my dog that had been with us since 1997 died last year, probably the saddest I've ever been about a death next to my guitar teacher. However, my father regularly rescues dogs from Native reserves on the coast, and he brought back two last year. One is really hyper and always wants to play, the other is really lazy and doesn't do a whole lot. Both are really friendly though, my dogs are awesome.
I don't have a dog.... But I love my ponies!

They're like giant dogs. And they're super spoiled.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Last edited by Music_101 at Jun 14, 2011,
i had a phobia of dogs from when i got bit by a stupid rat thing that tried to steal my mewtwo toy when i was 4 :@ but i got over it when i met my mums friends big dopey ass golden retriever, he followed me around whenever i was there and practically made me love him :') he was really fluffy XD and used to roll around on the gravel outside, waddle in with stones all of his fur and then shake sending them flying for my amusement. i fine with them now but i still get proper freaked out if im on my own in a room with a dog i don't really know
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2