I'm chucking this one out there for a bit of feedback, My band Eyes of the Raven http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyes-Of-The-Raven/284189741645?ref=mf
Are working on new songs and a simple appoach is being taken centering more on flow with less stop and change like what we do normally.

So folks is this a step forwards or backwards?

One day Ross sends out an email with some riffs knocking together that had something hiding in there, So after a few mess abouts inbetween songs we'd bounce them around and see what stuck.
After a few a bit we all had something to add and began building the next EotR track, along with the up coming Severance, this beast of a riff a and Ross' intro idea became pretty punchy...add in a nice little verse kinda riff that Dave had given the ideas for the song began to come to life, A simple chord based chorus paves the way for some catchy lyrics and lead hooks.

This here though is the Metal105 vision of the track, as in the band were not here to record it with me....you know I really need a proper studio....damn you lotto!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKyiVwKgruQ&feature=player_embedded

Leave ya links here and I'll crit em up.
Man I really like your stuff the riff was absolutely killer. This is actually of a quality with some of the metal out today if not better. The riff has a good attack, reminds me a lot of the good old metallica...but less 'vintage'... I don't know. Still solid stuff man keep it up.

P.S I also liked the Harmonic Minor in E jam too!

Have a good one!
Quote by cbug
Man I really like your stuff the riff was absolutely killer. This is actually of a quality with some of the metal out today if not better. The riff has a good attack, reminds me a lot of the good old metallica...but less 'vintage'... I don't know. Still solid stuff man keep it up.

P.S I also liked the Harmonic Minor in E jam too!

Have a good one!

Big cheers dude, I'll pass this on to the others they'll be well happy with that.
We're hoping this is a new direction for us and gonna push out further as a result.

When I'm back from work I'll look out for your stuff....you have anything you want me to crit on?