Ever since I paid my car off recently i've had a lot of extra cash to throw around so get used to regular NGD's from me

First up is an offering from Tim at Toyroom Effects, our very own Greeny23

Turns out I live literally 10 minutes away from Tim, and after buying one of his most recent creations I came home to find a surprise in my mailbox

It's a Toyroom Effects Birthday Suit Overdrive, the only one like it in the world

It's based on an Ibanez TS-808 circuit with clean and bass boost switches.

It's a very open and articulate pedal and has much more bass and lower mids than your average Tubescreamer. I won't go into too much detail as I have clips at the bottom of this post, but of course I needed something to record it with and since i've been tiring of my SM57 I decided to test out my other acquisition

Oh yes kiddies, a Rode NT1-A with shockmount and pop filter (yeah yeah my microphone stand is at my parent's)

Let me tell you, the difference between this and my SM57 is like night and day. I love my SM57 and it's a good workhorse mic but when you put it side by side with a higher grade microphone like this there's no comparison. It is so much more open and natural sounding, it really captures what you hear in the room.

But enough talking, enjoy some clips0rz.

Toyroom Effects Birthday Suit Overdrive through clean channel of 6505+

6505+ unboosted

6505+ boosted with Birthday Suit Overdrive
Recording a 6505+ with a large diaphragm condenser?
Never thought I'd see that Sounds OK though

HNGD!
God called in sick today ftw
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Its common for recording clean/mid gain guitars, not so much high gain
Still, whatever works..
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Let me tell you, the difference between this and my SM57 is like night and day. I love my SM57 and it's a good workhorse mic but when you put it side by side with a higher grade microphone like this there's no comparison. It is so much more open and natural sounding, it really captures what you hear in the room.

It really depends on the kind of music you're recording. You lose A LOT of aggression using a condenser mic to record guitars, which is why dynamics are mostly used to record heavier guitar.

Anyway, HNSD!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i'm dying to know if Tim plays guitar or pedals.

HNP&MD
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by MatrixClaw
It really depends on the kind of music you're recording. You lose A LOT of aggression using a condenser mic to record guitars, which is why dynamics are mostly used to record heavier guitar.

Anyway, HNSD!

I'm gonna do some recordings running both side by side and see the differences. Should be interesting I always found the SM57 to be a bit harsh for my liking on it's own
Quote by gregs1020
i'm dying to know if Tim plays guitar or pedals.

HNP&MD

a guitar is that PRS thing my parents got me huh? dont even know what that thing does.
mojostompboxes.com
HNGD!

And Tim, saw the write up on your SD-1 mods in last weeks street press... (Inpress in Melbourne). Nice work.
I may have to avail myself of your services in the not too distant...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
HNGD!

And Tim, saw the write up on your SD-1 mods in last weeks street press... (Inpress in Melbourne). Nice work.
I may have to avail myself of your services in the not too distant...

yay someone saw it!

keep reading it and you'll see some originals very soon, dropping them in tomorrow.
mojostompboxes.com
Nicely done, sir!

And I want a Rode mic too....
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
You should honestly try double micing with the Rode on one speaker and the 57 on another. I'm curious to know how it'd sound. I've done that with an SM57 and a Sennheiser e609 and they complimented each other really well.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
You should honestly try double micing with the Rode on one speaker and the 57 on another. I'm curious to know how it'd sound. I've done that with an SM57 and a Sennheiser e609 and they complimented each other really well.

yeah that's the plan I am going to pick up an e609 some time soon as well