Hello hello.
I've been learning the song Until the End by Avenged Sevenfold.
It's by no means a difficult song and i'm not having any difficulty learning it.

Basically it's all distorted electric guitar excluding 0:40 - 1:10 and 1:46 - 2:15.
These little segments to my ear don't have noticeable guitar parts (but i can sometimes notice some clean chords in the background).
The purpose of this post is i'm wondering if any of you can help me identify these chords, or if not, is there a way to take the piano part and turn it into chords?
I don't feel like i will have completed learning the song to my standard if for those two 30 second gaps i'm just playing nothing.'
My knowledge on chords and theory in general is weak, so for any of those with a better understanding, i was hoping that you could help me out?

Link to song below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN9tuX1moYU

Thanks a lot (:
Learn the theory yourself, you'll be a better musician for it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Learn the theory yourself, you'll be a better musician for it.

That may be true, but that's more of a long term goal. I'm looking for something more short term. Basically in reponse to my question it doesn't really help so much, but i do still appreciate the input.
Quote by vayne92
That may be true, but that's more of a long term goal. I'm looking for something more short term. Basically in reponse to my question it doesn't really help so much, but i do still appreciate the input.

if you want a quick fix then cheat and look it up.

My input is that if you know all the notes on the piano and all the notes on the fretboard then you wouldnt have trouble. Or are you doing this by ear with out a piano?

But I think, if you want general understanding of the song you have to have a strong knowledge of the chords, that's just the way it is. You cant slide around it. So start learning and practising your chords and studying chord formation and chord progressions.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Jun 14, 2011,
I can't seem to find any tabs with those chords, and guitar pro isn't an option for me.
I have not and will not listen to the song, but just as a ballpark guess at the chords, i would say:
1 minor chord (either Am or Em), then C, G, D

I guess this because thats every pop (gets radio play) song. sometimes the Em is an Esus4.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by kolonelkadat
I have not and will not listen to the song, but just as a ballpark guess at the chords, i would say:
1 minor chord (either Am or Em), then C, G, D

I guess this because thats every pop (gets radio play) song. sometimes the Em is an Esus4.

As not good as A7X are, they most likely are not those chords.

If you know the key of the song, find the roots of the chords and build the type of chord it sounds like, in this case it seems like the chords would be major and minor with a possible diminished chord.