I'm learning to sweep pick, and today I quite randomly discovered some sort of lick that I like:


due to my lack of knowledge i was wondering, what is this thing called, if anything?
It's a D major with an added 11th on the top.

Learn your theory kids, then we won't have pointless threads like this. If you knew theory you wouldn't have to discover things like this; you'd say "I want this sound" and know how to get it because theory tells you what that sound is called.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

I'm learning, I knew it was something like a Dmaj but wasn't exactly sure what
And if you were to change the 16 on the 5th string to a 15 and the 14 to a 13 on the 1st string, you will have a D minor arpeggio with the added 11th.
Last edited by Naruto00121 at Jun 14, 2011,