So, as I sit down and play, everything feels comfortable. I can easily stretch fingers from fret 1 to fret 5 and from fret 3 to fret 8 on the low E string. But when I stand up and play something like Paganinis 5th caprice or G major scale 3 notes per string I feel pain in my hand. And its not from stretching, pain is in the wrist, right under the pinky. Am i holding it wrong? is there a lesson which would help here? I dont think that wrist pain is something that will just pass. Any help, please?
You should adjust your guitar strap so that when you're standing up, the guitar stays pretty much in the same position as it is when you're sitting down.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
You should adjust your guitar strap so that when you're standing up, the guitar stays pretty much in the same position as it is when you're sitting down.

well, that helps. Now I feel kinda stupid Why didnt I think of that?
Quote by guitar/bass95
well, that helps. Now I feel kinda stupid Why didnt I think of that?

Don't worry, you're not the first and you certainly won't be the last, haha, we call it 'hiding in plain sight'
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.