Hi all. I have a Marshall DSL50 amp and I’ve been using a marshall distortion pedal to boost volume for solos. However, for those of you that know the DSL, it only has 2 channels, if I use the pedal on the dirty channel it does not really add volume, just adds a bit more distortion. Im having to switch to the clean channel, where the volume is naturally higher and then switching it on in order to get the extra volume. This is a little bit of a hassle as you can probably gather. I was thinking of trying a tubescreamer as I know these are common for solos but I’m not sure if this would give me the same problem. Does anyone have any advice for an easy volume boost and if so, any pedal recommendations? Comments would be appreciated, thank you :-)
Epiphone Korina Explorer

Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab

Ibanez DFL Flanger
Behringer Delay
DOD FX40B EQ
MXR Envelope Filter
Boss TR-2 Tremelo
A volume pedal. Leave it half open for everything else, then crank it full for your solos.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Naruto00121
Ibanez Tube Screamer.

This, or an EQ pedal set up to boost mids.

A volume pedal has the right idea, but you get a TS or an EQ, and make it mid heavy, it cuts through the mix better.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
+1 to EQ to boost mids. Adjusting mids to cut through for solos is better (and arguably easier) than boosting volume.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
personally, I like a Boss DS-2 for boosting a DSL.

However, for pure volume you could run it in the FX loop, or just do the EQ/vol pedal idea
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
I use an EQ pedal, to boost mids and a touch of treble. That's all you need. Delays are good to give a bit more presence to your lead tone.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Yea my brother uses a DS2, thanks for all the advice guys!
Epiphone Korina Explorer

Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab

Ibanez DFL Flanger
Behringer Delay
DOD FX40B EQ
MXR Envelope Filter
Boss TR-2 Tremelo
clean boost in the loop
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
use an eq pedal to boost the mids, you can also adjust level on your eq pedal a little bit higher, that way it will be louder.