I just got a guitar with a Floyd rose copy on it. I had never used one before now. It was a pain to tune the guitar but now it's working well.

My question is regarding increasing the pitch in frequency of the strings. I am able to dive bomb or tremolo, but when I yank up on the bar the pitch does not increase. Do you have to really hit it hard or could something else be wrong?

Washburn X50PRO FE (GuitarHeads active bridge pickup)
Dean Vendetta XM
Jet City JCA20H head, w Eminence Texas Heat 12"
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
Ibanez TS7
DigiTech RP-255
Behringer VD1 (Big Muff PI clone)
Is the floyd rose bending forward? Maybe the string tension is more important than the spring one.
Well, I normally prefer to increase the pitch in amplitude, or occasionally in presence, but I guess you can increase it in frequency if you want.

Is the back edge of the bridge assembly touching the guitar? It has to float to work for upbends. If it physically moves when pulled but doesn't change the pitch of the guitar, then I think you've stumbled into the Twilight Zone.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by JackalUK
Are you able to post a picture of your guitars bridge?

Yeps that would be helpfull.
Its possible that the bridge might be moving down or forward when you pull up, but that would be really crazy. I think I agree with AeolianSeventh that you've stumbled into the twilight zone.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

I get the feeling he may have accidentally set it to not floating or has the spring tension too high and it's sitting back in the pocket.
Ooooh yeah my mistake, actually yeah I think it's the spring tension that is too high. tronester try removing a spring...