... a gibson les paul traditional goldtop is CHEAPER than a gibson les paul traditional lightburst?
Because they're both overpriced, so it doesn't really matter how much Gibson charges for them.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Because they're both overpriced, so it doesn't really matter how much Gibson charges for them.

This truth
Quote by monwobobbo
solid color finish is easier to do than a burst.

Wrong.

On a goldtop, the maple top does not have to have any figure (ie it can be plain rather than flame,birdseye or quilt maple)

This wood is cheaper and also allows them to use more than 2 pieces of wood on the top, therefore they charge lower price. It also hides in knots in the wood. This is why you are charged more for a burst/translucent finished top than a goldtop or ebony top.

Gibson R8s + R7s are essentially the same guitar an R9 except without the flame top and with a different neck profile. Some R8s are flamed aswell as some R7's.

Some Goldtops will have flamed maple underneath hidden away. This was found on many 50's goldtop Les Pauls that have undergone a refinish or conversion.

Hope I helped!

EDIT: Value is an opinion, to me the Les Paul Custom I own was worth every penny, while others consider it to be expensive. Some, who own vintage Gibsons, will cliam that mine if merely a copy of their original Gibsons and is cheap. It's a opinion or viewpoint depending on each person.
Last edited by digman50 at Jun 14, 2011,