Ok so I was at a garage sale and out of the corner of my eye what do I see....looks old........kinda beat up.....how does it feel.....HOLY JESUS NO FRETS 90 bucks later and I came home with it

Its a 60's no name fretless guitar

It is in pretty good condidtion but there is a problem with the electronics the pickup cover just pops right off and to get any sound out of it I have to jiggle the jack arround and it might pick something up or it might not

there is the truss rod at the body end of the guitar pretty cool

neck looks pretty straight as well

Let me know what you think it is worth and how it is supposed to be played haha
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Last edited by fmonzo27 at Jun 14, 2011,
EDIT: Okay apparently your blob of HTML turned into pictures when I posted that. Nice HNGD!
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
yea but I got it fixed sorry it was my first time
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Since it has no frets it's probably a slide guitar and it looks great!
Fender Jazzmaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Martin OM-1 (acoustic)
The only problem is you'll never get the intonation set properly, it's impossible with these guitars..

I have a very similar one. It's called a Heit Deluxe, one single single-coil-ish pickup, same exact headstock & bridge/tailpiece, controls, and jack.

Honestly it's just gonna be wall art because it's from like 62 or so and looks vintage as all hell. I just need a wall hangar and whatnot..
Looks hot! Fix the electronics, clean it and set it up and you'll hopefully have something awesome in your hands! HNGD!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by GS LEAD 5
How do you know if the neck is straight?

by looking at it .......
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

It looks like the frets were torn out and filled with some kind of... Wood-fill? The action seems a bit off though...

Have you plugged it yet?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
It looks like the frets were torn out and filled with some kind of... Wood-fill? The action seems a bit off though...

Have you plugged it yet?

bought it from origional owner who said he bought it fretless and yes i have and the electrinics are pretty shaky cant seem to get the jack to work right
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by TheAbsentOne
The only problem is you'll never get the intonation set properly, it's impossible with these guitars..

I have a very similar one. It's called a Heit Deluxe, one single single-coil-ish pickup, same exact headstock & bridge/tailpiece, controls, and jack.

Honestly it's just gonna be wall art because it's from like 62 or so and looks vintage as all hell. I just need a wall hangar and whatnot..

Does it matter when its fretless?
It looks like it might have had stickers for frets and someone peeled them off. I have a similar guitar (down to color and truss rod set up) but mine has frets and some extra switches and stuff.

Also, I'm wearing the same adidas sox as you
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Does it matter when its fretless?

i thought the same thing.

very cool guitar.

get some new strings on it and figure out the electronic issue.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
It's a pretty neat guitar and all, but I definitely wouldn't have paid $90 for it (especially if that's what they were asking).

You should have done some haggling, because the reason for having a garage sale is for people to make some room and get rid of shit they don't want anymore, thus it's pretty easy to talk them down to a reasonable price on an item because, chances are, they just want it gone and aren't really trying to make a mint.

But, if you can fix it up and you enjoy how it plays/sounds, then more power to you.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
It's a pretty neat guitar and all, but I definitely wouldn't have paid $90 for it (especially if that's what they were asking).

You should have done some haggling, because the reason for having a garage sale is for people to make some room and get rid of shit they don't want anymore, thus it's pretty easy to talk them down to a reasonable price on an item because, chances are, they just want it gone and aren't really trying to make a mint.

But, if you can fix it up and you enjoy how it plays/sounds, then more power to you.

asked 120 for it I was like HELLLL NO
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
It looks like it might have had stickers for frets and someone peeled them off. I have a similar guitar (down to color and truss rod set up) but mine has frets and some extra switches and stuff.

as am I.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

It looks to me like it was fretted at some point, but I bet once you get the electronics sorted out, you'll have yourself a gnarly slide guitar.

Nice find mate
The frets have definitely been removed somewhere along the line.. But it's still a cool piece. I'd like to hear how one of those sounds played plugged in... Or you could just set the action high and play slide like everyone else is saying.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
The frets have definitely been removed somewhere along the line.. But it's still a cool piece. I'd like to hear how one of those sounds played plugged in... Or you could just set the action high and play slide like everyone else is saying.

I would play slide on that thing just to look cool.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Nah, you can see it was definitely cut for frets. If the seller was truly it's first owner then I can only presume it was a re-used fretboard that got filled.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd have no clue, I know nothing about fretless guitars.

It doesn't, you could fret it anywhere. Literally.

I say set it up for slide and go Ry Cooter on that pig.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
It doesn't, you could fret it anywhere. Literally.

I say set it up for slide and go Ry Cooter on that pig.

This man has the right idea, even though I don't know who Ry Cooter is... -looks him up on youtube-
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I think what ill end up doing is getting it set up for slide and push it through a fuzz pedal to get a black keys king of sound
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Judging from the tension bar on the headstock, the few tuners you can see, and the general shape of the headstock it's probably a Teisco or a Silvertone from the late 60's early 70's. The electronics were generally really cheap on these guitars, so it's not surprising there's a few issues. You should be able to fix whatever problems it has with relative ease though, guitar electronics are very simple.

It looks like it had frets at one point (from the poor filling job), but the fretboard isn't stained around the 'frets' either. Usually they permanently darken a little bit around the frets on older instruments from years of use. If it did have frets they were removed very early in the guitar's life.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
does anyone know what model or brand it is im trying to find info on it but the only writing on the entire guitar is made in japan
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

Tiesco, Heit, honestly doesn't matter too much. They're all the cheap little 60's era Jap guitars.

I love the name Heit, though.. The one I have is a "Heit Deluxe"

That's mine, except not in such a cool looking finish. It's like bright red with a black pickguard, a single pickup, vol/tone.. Can't play for shit, but it was my late grandfather's so it has more value sentimentely than anything else I own.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Jun 28, 2011,
yea i fixed mine up and ran it trough a fuzz pedal and it sounda awesome i was expecting it to sound like straight up shit but to my surprise it was not bad
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive