Page 1 of 3
Linkage
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13760895

Quote by BBC
Libyan women and girls who become pregnant through rape risk being murdered by their own families in so-called "honour killings", according to aid workers.

Rape is a sensitive topic worldwide, but in this country it is even more of a taboo.

"In Libya when rape occurs, it seems to be a whole village or town which is seen to be dishonoured," says Arafat Jamal of the UN refugee agency, UNHCR.

More info in the article.

That's right, laid-to-waste. I got there before you did!

I feel sorry for these victims, and I think I speak for most of the pit when I say that.
Rape, then possibly death.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
I feel sorry for these victims, and I think I speak for most of the pit when I say that.
Rape, then possibly death.

Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
If you raped everyone in the country would it just implode on it self?
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Doesn't help that Gaddhafi has been allowing his soldiers to rape civilians since March.
That's great logic. Oh hey, you've been wronged in a way that was not your fault and against your will. You dishonor us, and will be put to death.
Seems like a fine way to combat increasing world population, though it would be more effective if the whole village killed themselves

On the topic:

I find it rather disturbing, though many things are, and there's nothing I can do about it.
They can't just punch the girls in the stomach and pretend the rape never happened?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Honour killings are bullshit of the highest order. Cultural relativism be damned, it's barbaric.
"The mother, the father and the son were all raped by Col Gaddafi's forces. "

What the fuck

"For the moment pregnancies can be disguised, but not for much longer. Many fathers will kill their own daughters if they find out they have been raped."

Seriously these kind of people make me ****ing sick.
Stop making news threads TS, I chose this site over BBC for a reason.
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
It's their culture who are we to tell them what they're doing is wrong
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
It's their culture who are we to tell them what they're doing is wrong

You best be trollin'.
I dont buy this for a second.

The US govt likes to pretend every bombing campaign it commissions serves some humanitarian agenda. In reality, their role in Africa and the Middle East during the past decades and centuries deprive such propaganda of any credibility.

I say, if the ICC is going to go throwing around sensationalist accusations, they better have the evidence to back it up, and that evidence better run deeper than the testimony of doctors who work for the Benghazi regime.
Quote by Rising
I dont buy this for a second.

The US govt likes to pretend every bombing campaign it commissions serves some humanitarian agenda. In reality, their role in Africa and the Middle East during the past decades and centuries deprive such propaganda of any credibility.

I say, if the ICC is going to go throwing around sensationalist accusations, they better have the evidence to back it up, and that evidence better run deeper than the testimony of doctors who work for the Benghazi regime.

You don't believe that Islamic fundamentalists carry out honour killings on rape victims?
lol @ Rising. "what?! Accusations of people doing bad things?! Must be the West's fault and propaganda.

This sounds like something the Taliban would do, didn't think Libyan tribes were so backwater.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by gabcd86
You don't believe that Islamic fundamentalists carry out honour killings on rape victims?

I dont believe that I should believe Gaddafi is ordering his soldiers to rape, just because the BBC tells me he is.
Quote by Dreadnought
lol @ Rising. "what?! Accusations of people doing bad things?! Must be the West's fault and propaganda.

This sounds like something the Taliban would do, didn't think Libyan tribes were so backwater.

Given the Americans propensity to fabricate horror stories to justify interventions, Id say its fair enough to resist jumping to conclusions.

Were only getting one side of the story, afterall.

EDIT: The question you need to ask is, are there any vested interests in getting me to believe we should instigate an occupation of libya.

By the way, my keyboard is ****ed up, so i cant do things like question marks or other punctuation.
Last edited by Rising at Jun 14, 2011,
Case in point:

Hawks in Congress, notably Tom Lantos and Stephen Solarz, secured support for the attack on Iraq with a story from a 15-year-old girl, that she had seen Kuwaiti infants snatched from their incubators by Iraqi soldiers. The story was discredited when it was learned that the girl, the daughter of the Saudi ambassador in Washington, might not have visited the hospital at all. She had been prepped on her story by the p.r. firm Hill & Knowlton, which had a contract for $11.5 million from the Kuwaiti government.

EDIT: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1316/is_n9_v24/ai_12529902/
Quote by ethan_hanus
Lets enact Sharia law in America so all the women who are raped can be murdered by their families!!!!

Wait.......

Go away Ethan. The grown ups are trying to have an intelligent discussion.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by Rising
Given the Americans propensity to fabricate horror stories to justify interventions, Id say its fair enough to resist jumping to conclusions.

Were only getting one side of the story, afterall.

EDIT: The question you need to ask is, are there any vested interests in getting me to believe we should instigate an occupation of libya.

By the way, my keyboard is ****ed up, so i cant do things like question marks or other punctuation.

It sounds to me like you're jumping to the conclusion that it's some sort of propaganda conspiracy. Sure, there's two sides to the story, but the BBC is a pretty reliable source, especially compared to the sources you've given.

Yeah, and if the BBC is spreading American propaganda then I'd be really confused.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 14, 2011,
I'm normally for the whole "let's respect other cultures' ways and beliefs" but I've had enough. Stuff like this should not happen anywhere. I don't care if it is part of their religion or anything, but killing someone just isn't cool (do not bring up the death penalty because I am conflicted on that too). It is not okay to kill adulterers and it's even worse when person is only guilty of being raped. World leaders should just get together and decide what our human rights are because this sort of stuff needs to stop. Yes, this poet may sound ignorant/stupid/etc, but I am seriously upset.
Quote by rgrockr
It sounds to me like you're jumping to the conclusion that it's some sort of propaganda conspiracy. Sure, there's two sides to the story, but the BBC is a pretty reliable source, especially compared to the sources you've given.

Yeah, and if the BBC is spreading American propaganda then I'd be really confused.

Well, seeing that everybody else is taking this story, handoverfist, as gospel truth, I feel somebody needs to jump the other side of the fence. If nothing else than to bring a little balance to a one sided argument.

EDIT: by the way, Paul McCartney being long dead and replaced by a clone is a conspiracy. The Queen of England being a reptilian monster that feasts on baby sacrifices once a year is a conspiracy.

What im saying is not, because unlike whats written above, it can be rationally defended.
Quote by sticksause
I'm normally for the whole "let's respect other cultures' ways and beliefs" but I've had enough. Stuff like this should not happen anywhere. I don't care if it is part of their religion or anything, but killing someone just isn't cool (do not bring up the death penalty because I am conflicted on that too). It is not okay to kill adulterers and it's even worse when person is only guilty of being raped. World leaders should just get together and decide what our human rights are because this sort of stuff needs to stop. Yes, this poet may sound ignorant/stupid/etc, but I am seriously upset.

This is exactly the sort of fiery interventionist zeal the western powers seek to evoke to green light the sort of military operations that would open up nationalized libya oil to oil companies.
Quote by Rising
Well, seeing that everybody else is taking this story, handoverfist, as gospel truth, I feel somebody needs to jump the other side of the fence. If nothing else than to bring a little balance to a one sided argument.

I think you're inventing a side because you have a blind hatred of the US. Didn't you stop to even consider why the hell BBC would concoct a story to promote American interests? If you want to argue your side, provide sources. Don't just spew "America is lying cuz they want oil evil imperialist pigs etc etc".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occams_razor
Quote by Rising

What im saying is not, because unlike whats written above, it can be rationally defended.

Defend it then. Because I'm beginning to suspect you're trolling.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by Rising
This is exactly the sort of fiery interventionist zeal the western powers seek to evoke to green light the sort of military operations that would open up nationalized libya oil to oil companies.

Yes, give me all their oil munch munch munch
Libya apparently does not like labia.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

i personally love every part of the female anatomy
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Xiaoxi

Xiaoxi, your comment wins.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by rgrockr

Defend it then. Because I'm beginning to suspect you're trolling.

In 1951, former Iranian prime minister Mohammad Mossadegh nationalized Irans oil fields. Two years later he is overthrown in a CIA coup that put the Shah (read: murderous autocrat) back into power, which allowed British and US oil companies to re appropriate irans oil fields up untill the revolution in 1979.

Libya is said to have the largest oil fields in North Africa, apparently clocking in at 41.5 billion barrels as of 2007. Gaddafi sought to do with libyan oil production what Mossadegh did with Irans, and this is where it gets weird.

The US fully backed Saddam Hussein, The Saudi monarch, The Mubarak dictatorship and somehow were supposed to accept that this cluster bombing of major cities is somehow in solicitude of Libyans and their human rights?

Its in this context that I cant bring myself to fully believe these stories propagated by people with pretty clear interests in setting up shop in the region.

Explain to me how any of this doesnt stand to reason.
Page 1 of 3