Page 1 of 2
Link

Just found this and it says that the sun spots are getting weaker and could lead to a very weak sun spot cycle. There might not even be any. This is because the sun's magnetic field is weakening.

I read it and thought, "How will that affect us here?"

Damn article didn't say

Anyone know what will happen to the Earth with less or no sun spots?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
It'll get colder....oh no 2012 D: haha jk
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Nice find, really interesting.
I don't think this will have much of an effect, maybe the earth will cool down and bit and shut the eco warriors up for a while, but i think this is another example of people trying to predict something they might not fully understand yet.
Quote by laid-to-waste

Even though I don't know who Tony Stark is, it's probably more interesting than the weather.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
It will effect absolutely nothing.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
Even though I don't know who Tony Stark is, it's probably more interesting than the weather.

Looks like you didn't even click the link.

OT: Seems like one of those stories that paranoid people are gonna blow out of proportion and tell us the end is near.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
It'll just get colder, sun spots are actually hotter, so the less of them, the less heat the Earth will get, thus, we'll get some global cooling. Then the global warming activists will change their minds yet again, and start saying we are all going to die from global cooling. Just like they did in the 70's.
Yeah, it has absolutely no impact at all
Except maybe less Aurora Borealis because there are less sunstorms, but that has no influence whatsoever on the weather.
EDIT:^Nope, just no
Sunspots may be hotter, but it also means that elsewhere on the sun it cools down (if I have been given correct explanation about the phenomenon that is). So the average output by the sun remains the same.
And global warming has NOTHING to do with increased solar activity (that increases by 1% over 1 million years, so over the last 100 years that's .0001% increase, nowhere near enough to have any impact). Also, global warming actually isn't the best term for what's going on, climate change is way better. It will affect different regions in a different way, actually making it possible to have cooler regions (but global average temperature increases).

Sorry for the rant about climate change, I just want people to have correct information and not some gibberish they hear from Fox News and the likes
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Last edited by poipoi at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
It'll just get colder, sun spots are actually hotter, so the less of them, the less heat the Earth will get, thus, we'll get some global cooling. Then the global warming activists will change their minds yet again, and start saying we are all going to die from global cooling. Just like they did in the 70's.

Half of this.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by SlipknotRule93

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by stratdud39
Aren't sunspots like bad in some way?

No, the sun has periods of 11 years that goes from little sun spots to many sunspots, has been happening for probably billions of years.
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast15feb_1/

That may be helpful in understanding some of what will be going on with the sun.

To whoever said it, sunspot aren't bad. They allow the suns magnetic poles to flip allowing solar cycles.

However to answer your question of what will happen TS, nothing special really.

Cycle 25, could be greatly reduced. In fact, some scientists are questioning whether this drop in activity could lead to a second Maunder Minimum, which was a 70-year period from 1645 to 1715 when the sun showed virtually no sunspots

Its happened before and it just wont be as spotty. Its just been using oxywipes.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by ethan_hanus
It'll just get colder, sun spots are actually hotter, so the less of them, the less heat the Earth will get, thus, we'll get some global cooling.

This is the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard.
MATTERHORN
Quote by ethan_hanus
You must have some poor reasoning skills then.

Like poipoi said, the sun's output isn't dependent on sun spot frequency.

Therefore, your reasoning doesn't make sense.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Like poipoi said, the sun's output isn't dependent on sun spot frequency.

Therefore, your reasoning doesn't make sense.

If he was actually right, then yeah, but he's not. I'll even use the pits favorite "reliable" information source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunspot

The number of sunspots correlates with the intensity of solar radiation over the period since 1979, when satellite measurements of absolute radiative flux became available. Since sunspots are darker than the surrounding photosphere it might be expected that more sunspots would lead to less solar radiation and a decreased solar constant. However, the surrounding margins of sunspots are brighter than the average, and so are hotter; overall, more sunspots increase the sun's solar constant or brightness.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
This is the most retarded reasoning I've ever heard.

We don't know if it will or not however there does appear to be a correlation between low sunspot activity and cooler global temperatures..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Twist of fate
Wow when did our sun become a friggin pussy

Just now. You just missed it.

And in the article, to the people that say it won't do anything, it says that it will affect things from the space travel to the climate. Just not how.

It's the last sentence
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by bingeandletgo
That house was real?!?!?! *jizzes to death*

i know, i think i'm still orgasming internally

wanna go together and have sex there?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by ethan_hanus
If he was actually right, then yeah, but he's not. I'll even use the pits favorite "reliable" information source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunspot

Quote by Jackal58
We don't know if it will or not however there does appear to be a correlation between low sunspot activity and cooler global temperatures..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunder_Minimum

It appears I stand corrected.
MATTERHORN
Quote by izbbass
Just now. You just missed it.

And in the article, to the people that say it won't do anything, it says that it will affect things from the space travel to the climate. Just not how.

It's the last sentence

Wtf man I wanna kick the sun's ass into shape. It's slackin.
somebody better inform eric johnson before he rearranges his whole pedalboard. at least now he'll know why his tone has changed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
olol global cooling OH EL OH EL
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Alexander_BR
No, the sun has periods of 11 years that goes from little sun spots to many sunspots, has been happening for probably billions of years.

I know what they are...I just feel like they're bad.
They're bad.
Quote by poipoi

Sorry for the rant about climate change, I just want people to have correct information and not some gibberish they hear from Fox News and the likes

It's Ethan Hanus. Don't bother. Anyways, climate change seems to be widely misunderstood by people on both sides of the aisle. People like to pin down a few factors to changing climate but there are many factors which come into play in the environment and understanding climate science also requires you to understand how these factors interact with each other.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It'll just get colder, sun spots are actually hotter, so the less of them, the less heat the Earth will get, thus, we'll get some global cooling.

Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononoonononononononononononononononononononononono!!!!!! This is NOT true, people just use it as an intelligent sounding excuse for ignoring global warming.

Note: Not hating on you Mr.Hanus, just the large portion of people who use it as an excuse.
Last edited by conor-figgy at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by conor-figgy
Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononoonononononononononononononononononononononono!!!!!! This is NOT true, people just use it as an intelligent sounding excuse for ignoring global warming.

Note: Not hating on you Mr.Hanus, just the large portion of people who use it as an excuse.

Then what is true? I've always been taught that high sunspot activity always coincides with higher global temperatures. There's no reason why someone should ignore climate change because of it. According to this study I got from Stanford, the solar cycles only account for a small portion of observed temperature changes.
Quote by conor-figgy

thought they called it "climate change" now because there are places on the planet experiencing cooling

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Masamune
Then what is true? I've always been taught that high sunspot activity always coincides with higher global temperatures. There's no reason why someone should ignore climate change because of it. According to this study I got from Stanford, the solar cycles only account for a small portion of observed temperature changes.

Sorry, I was a bit vague. I meant people can not say: ''global warming's not real, it's just the sun spots''.
Quote by Masamune

it comes down to. anything that points at global warming is true, if it doesnt, its a lie.

why has this summer been so wet and cold?
oh right, the rain is climate change, the cold is too

two weeks later, holy shit its hot out!
yeah, climate change causes this heat.

hmmkay

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
it comes down to. anything that points at global warming is true, if it doesnt, its a lie.

why has this summer been so wet and cold?
oh right, the rain is climate change, the cold is too

two weeks later, holy shit its hot out!
yeah, climate change causes this heat.

hmmkay

Well extrapolating experiences with local weather to global climate is already a pretty foolish thing to do. Everyone seems to do it though, both climate-change skeptics and non-skeptics.
Quote by Masamune
Well extrapolating experiences with local weather to global climate is already a pretty foolish thing to do. Everyone seems to do it though, both climate-change skeptics and non-skeptics.

im just exaggerating and being ranty

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Page 1 of 2