So I got between $50 and $100 to spend on a new pedal. No more, no less. The thing is...I already have almost everything I can want pedal wise. I play a whole buncha custom guitars (and some others) through a Mesa Dual Rectifier Tremoverb stack.

Here's my current pedalboard, right to left:

polytune, crybaby 535Q wah, mxr phase 90, xotic bb preamp (custom shop w/mid boost), ibanez ts9 tubescreamer, ISP decimator [missing in this photo actually, loaned it to a buddy]

And in the loop: Fish N Chips EQ, MXR Carbon Copy.

So, what to get? I'd preferably like to find something I'd really use (for instance flanger is nice but I would never use it).

Any suggestions? If it's available at Guitar Center/Musicians friend, all the better. And used is perfectly fine by me. Thanks folks!
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Jun 14, 2011,
What kind of effect are you looking for?..
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
A chorus pedal would be a good addition although I can't recommend a specific one in that price range. I have a VS H2O, also the one in my M5 and RP1000.
Quote by DroptuneD
What kind of effect are you looking for?..

No idea, as the post says I basically have everything I want as far as things I can think of off the top of my head. Just lookin' for suggestions as to which pedals people have that they love, that fall into this price range.

Quote by fly135
A chorus pedal would be a good addition although I can't recommend a specific one in that price range. I have a VS H2O, also the one in my M5 and RP1000.

Thanks! I did consider a chorus or reverb pedal but the reverb on the Mesa is incredible, and the Carbon Copy's mod switch basically gets me that chorus-y kind of effect on its own to my ears.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Jun 14, 2011,
Don't worry about buying pedals for the sake of it. Buy an effect when you know you need it.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by Slash_is_a_God
Don't worry about buying pedals for the sake of it. Buy an effect when you know you need it.

Yeah this is definitely true, but I have a gift card and I am honestly right now 1000% satisfied with my rig. I'm just throwing this out there to see if anyone might suggest something I havent thought of.
Quote by Tibouk
With that kind of rig I would buy a noise suppressor or, if you want more fun, a fuzz ! http://www.freekishblues.com/ check'em out, awesome pedals and there are demos on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-Ly93PF2xo&feature=feedu_more

Check my listing good sir, I have an ISP Decimator. Works wonderfully. I suppose a fuzz might be in order, I don't really have one...
Doesn't really look like you "need" anything. You have the effects that are most widely-used. Everything else is pretty much going to be a novelty. If you don't know what you need/want.. you probably don't need anything.

That being said, I use two delay pedals in my rig.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex