Aloha everybody,

Long story short I'm going to be moving to Perth in about a month, and I will also be going to Uni in either Perth or Brisbane (maybe Melbourne).

So my question to the Aussies and those who live in Australia is, what is the music scene like in these areas/how hard is it to join or form a band there?

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated as I know bugger all about the music scene in Australia.

So thank you in advance to those who wish to help out a fellow musician
and to the trolls, you better bring teh lulz
Quote by lespaul#1
Dr_Shred wins the thread

LEAVE THE PASTRIES ALONE!!!
Not having an basis for comparison, it's hard to say.

I'd say there's not a great facility for actually finding other musicians to play with, but there's no real shortage of them. I would also say that if that's your interest, Melbourne would by far be your best bet. Why the hell would you want to live in WA?

Gumtree.com is a decent resource for searching for bandmates. There are regional variants for most major cities.
oooohhh maaaaatteee perths music scene is orgasmic, no shiz.

all summer long theres heaps of festivals, theres live music venues everywhere, theres busking just about anywhere you go. perths music scene is honestly the best ive ever seen!

And ive lived in perth, california, and minnesota
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.