Hi again,

So I bought this guitar off a market stall for £5, and I need some ideas as to what to actually do with it now. I've already completely sanded the finish off, as someone had began sanding and never got round to finishing it. Should I customize it? Add a finish? New pickups, bridge ect? Would it really worth it? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pictures are included here, please take a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55080991@N05/
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Well how does she play? Even if it sucks ass it'll defiantly be worth it for a wall hanger - if not, it's always good practice for guitar repair. I say go for it!

As for the other things, if it sucks I don't see the point in wasting money on it.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
To my surprise this guitar plays really well! I think this could be a fun project.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Well, what kind of guitars do you already have? Perfect excuse to brutalize a strat if you don't already have a metal guitar (if you play metal that is) and if not wing it, mod things as you see fit. A project is always fun, and a learning experience.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Clean it up and make it sing... wonder what is was before the sand job (sanded name off headstock )

If its was a decent knock-off it might have decent pups on it...
paint her vintage yello/ cream color get a neck with maple fretboard nd scallop the frets and put dimarzios in and u can act like yngwie malmsteen
Well I already have a Fender Strat and I believe the brand was 'STARSOUND' so it was just another cheap knock off. I like all the ideas you guys have given me, so here's what I'm going to do.

Use a bit of tru or tung oil for the body

Add some new pickups (maybe tonerider)

Add some new tuners

New bridge

and that's about it, thanks for the help guys
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Thanks for the ideas guys, it's coming along well now. Will post some more pics when it's finished.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

you could try scalloping the frets?
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
The pickups look decent, I'm considering getting them. My other thread was closed so I'm posting here...

Yet again, I have another problem. Have I sanded too far into the neck pocket?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55080991@N05/

What should I do if I have? Should I leave it or find some kind of way of filling it? Thanks in advance.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Strip it, paint it, drop in some good pickups like lace or something and do a good fret job and you'd have some really nice.
Neck pocket looks fine enough to me too, though it is slightly squarer than the neck. Maybe if you sanded it just a little further to match the angle of the neck. Might work.

I don't know; I'm no luthier.

However, I can certainly back IronGear pups. I've had the pleasure of experiencing their humbuckers and they easily match SD and DiMarzio at a tiny price. Pretty much unbeatable as far as value goes. If you're going for them, use Axetec, which are really the same company as IronGear. They're reliable, cheap, fast and friendly.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Last edited by NeutralFan at Jun 16, 2011,
Will have a word with my luthier later about the neck pocket, and I've read reviews all over the web and seen a lot about the pickups on UG, so I will order some next week Thanks for all the help guys.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Enjoy your pups.

Seeing as I have all the skill in luthery of a retarded walrus, I can't offer much useful help with your neck pocket. However, making this into a project kind of guitar would be cool. You know, scallop the frets, install hundreds of kill-switches and coil taps, paint it the same colour as Mars, etc.

Whatever you do with it, I hope you have fun.
LOOK

Call me Neutral.
Quote by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
Did anyone else think that the guitar was gonna be some weird retro thing with crazy knobs and buttons? Threads like this usually have guitars like that. Anyway the guitar is pretty nice looking. Hope she sounds good when you put the pups on it.
You want me?
Well f**king well come and find me
I'll be waiting with a gun and a pack of sandwiches

Twitter:@iamoisinoneill
UG follows me. You should too.
From reading the posts it sounds like you are well on your way already. Amazing what you can find for a fiver. Look forward to seeing how it comes out
Frankenstart. That is all.
Quote by mcraddict81592
If you need to kill a man with a 9v adapter? I say strangulate. Or swing the heavy end around and aim for the temple, all depends on your style.

FrankenBee Build