Looking to join or form some kind of band in or around the Maidstone area in Kent, England.

I'm mainly into rock / metal, but I'm open minded as to what genres the band would play - I've always wanted to find a somewhat progressive/experimental band.
Bands who label themselves under one genre seem to become stuck in a rut & just churn out the same old manufactured crap with every record - so I'd like the band to mix stuff up a bit, for each record to sound different to the last.

I'm 19 - age of the other band members doesn't really bother me too much.
I've been self-taught on guitar and bass for almost ten years on and off now, and I studied music at college for two years.
Picked up a few basic skills on drums and keyboards, and I'm pretty good with music theory etc.

I'm up for doing covers, but I don't particularly want to join an exclusive cover band.
I want to be creative, start writing our own material and such.

I've got some previous experience of playing live due to college performances, but I haven't recorded anything in a studio yet.

I've got my own equipment - bass, amp, pedals etc.
If you're around my area, I should be able to get transport for rehearsal sessions and such.

If you're interested, get in touch.
Add me on MSN or send me an email; R_to_the_core@hotmail.co.uk

Just so you can have a rough idea, some of the bands I listen to are; Alient Ant Farm, Behemoth, Bullet For My Valentine, Cradle of Filth, Dir en grey, Fear Factory, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Metallica, Pantera, Sabaton, Slayer, Slipknot, Trivium, etc.
British. 20. Tattooed. Pierced. Bearded. Guitarist. Bassist. Amateur photographer. Blogger.
Last edited by DeadxFreedom at Jun 14, 2011,
Hey! I'm in Kent, although near Canterbury which is some distance from you, and I play guitar. Self taught for 7 years. I have similar tastes to you (Foo Fighters, LP, Metallica, Slipknot) but also interested in playing some calmer stuff - take the Cash version of Hurt (sorry no bass there!) or Pearl Jam's Indifference as a couple of examples.

Do you have your own transport? Personally I ride a motorbike, so transporting equipment isn't too easy, even a guitar in a case on my back is susceptible to a snapped neck (wind resistance!)

I'm also 19 btw.

I think Maidstone is a bit far for us to arrange regular rehersals etc - and we'd need a drummer, vocalist and another guitarist (either rhythm or lead, I can do both).

Just thought it was worth saying something

L.
I'm L.

emo_goth is a username from a long time ago - don't judge me for it!
Quote by emo_goth
Hey! I'm in Kent, although near Canterbury which is some distance from you, and I play guitar. Self taught for 7 years. I have similar tastes to you (Foo Fighters, LP, Metallica, Slipknot) but also interested in playing some calmer stuff - take the Cash version of Hurt (sorry no bass there!) or Pearl Jam's Indifference as a couple of examples.

Do you have your own transport? Personally I ride a motorbike, so transporting equipment isn't too easy, even a guitar in a case on my back is susceptible to a snapped neck (wind resistance!)

I'm also 19 btw.

I think Maidstone is a bit far for us to arrange regular rehersals etc - and we'd need a drummer, vocalist and another guitarist (either rhythm or lead, I can do both).

Just thought it was worth saying something

L.

Yeah, distance is a bit of problem. Can't afford to learn to drive or anything at the moment unfortunately so I'd have to get lifts or train journeys, both of which will be fairly expensive.
British. 20. Tattooed. Pierced. Bearded. Guitarist. Bassist. Amateur photographer. Blogger.