ok so lately my gibby flying V has had problems holding tunings....

so im gonna go all out, replace the saddles on the bridge, take a look at the nut and replace the tuners.

it currently has the kluson styled green key tuners. what are some good options for some good locking tuners that would be drop in replacements with no additional mods and minimal screw holes showing? worst case ill buy some sperzels but those need an additional hole for each tuner which i want to avoid....

and i do realize the tuners prolly arent the source of my tuning issues, but ive always wanted to replace the green key ones and get something more modern in there. and this is just my excuse while i replace some more parts on it
Quote by Seanthesheep

and i do realize the tuners prolly arent the source of my tuning issues, but ive always wanted to replace the green key ones and get something more modern in there. and this is just my excuse while i replace some more parts on it

Yes, they are. Those tuners are terrible for anything that is more than rhythm playing.
I think they make some Grover tuners that might drop in, but most of the locking tuners I have seen all require some sort of drilling.

What you should do it take one tuning key off and measure the diameter of the hole, and then try to find a set of locking tuners that will fit without having to widen it.

once again, you are probably going to have to drill a new hole.

check out All parts
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I've had grovers on most of my guitars and they work fine. I've let my les paul sit in its case for months and it stays in tune. you can play the shit out of them and it holds tuning fine...also, why would you replace the saddles? why not just the whole bridge, sounds a lot easier to me.
i play drums and guitar :
well right now im looking into replacement parts, what are some good ToM bridges worth getting over the stock ones?

and ive never had any tuning oproblems till recently with those tuners, but i do hate them.
im not too sold on grovers too. my friend has a set on one of his guitars and theyre not that great. right now im reallyi leaning towards the sperzel Trim lok set if ill probably need to drill anyways
getting a new bridge/tail piece wont help much... you could try wrapping the strings around the bridge Zakk Wylde style - that should help with sustain and tone a bit.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Make sure your nut is cut properly. Most tuning problems are a result of the nut, not the tuners.