Page 1 of 2
Hey =D
I've created this thread to tell you my story about how I started playing guitar, and I would like to read yours too.

My story

About three years ago I wanted to start playing guitar, and I asked my grandma if she could buy me one. She said she had no money, but she had my uncle's guitar in the basement and she could give it to me. She went pick it up, and she came to me with a 40 years old classical guitar with only 3 strings on it.
The first thing I thought was: "I don't need all the strings to make a song, i can only use 3" . Some days later I realized that that guitar sounded bad (was not in tune ) And quited playing guitar. Few moths later, in christmas iv recived a new classical guitar and a tuner too , and thats how I started, I still remember when nylon strings use to hurt my fingers . Now I play in a fender acoustic with 0.12 steel strings, a epiphone les paul gothic studio .

Now tell me your story
whats so funny ?
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
oh cmon, your gonna say that you started with a gibson les paul, and you just went to music class ?? no funny storyes ?? oh
I started 6 years and then I got good and then lately I've been not practicing so I suck But really I do suck but yea. My first guitar was an acoustic Then I got an electric You're gay TS Soon I had enough money for an RG321MH And then I bought a Peavey Vyper

Good stuff
Well, one time I was on this website called ultimate- guitar. I decided that I was going to make a post, but I had nothing to write about. So, I used lots of emoticons and played guitar and shit. The end.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
My sister got one. She needed to pay back my dad and I happened to have that much, so I bought it.

That's it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
my story

lolnah

kidding, course i don't nah.

i got a shitty farida guitar for my 13th birthday with an amp. it actually wasn't a bad guitar, but now i have an ibanez, which i am getting rid of for my 16th and probably getting something more fender-ish. the cheaper range, course.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by metaldud536
I started 6 years and then I got good and then lately I've been not practicing so I suck But really I do suck but yea. My first guitar was an acoustic Then I got an electric You're gay TS Soon I had enough money for an RG321MH And then I bought a Peavey Vyper

Good stuff

I lol'd

what TS means ??
Quote by laid-to-waste
my story

lolnah

kidding, course i don't nah.

i got a shitty farida guitar for my 13th birthday with an amp. it actually wasn't a bad guitar, but now i have an ibanez, which i am getting rid of for my 16th and probably getting something more fender-ish. the cheaper range, course.

needs more emoticons
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

What a thrilling story, please, tell me more about your journey as a musician.
Quote by TailzDoll
I lol'd

what TS means ??

Tilapia Sandwich
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by StratoCatser
Well, one time I was on this website called ultimate- guitar. I decided that I was going to make a post, but I had nothing to write about. So, I used lots of emoticons and played guitar and shit. The end.

rofl , your right xD
When I started playing guitar, I had to run away from dinosaurs so they wouldn't eat my guitar. I'm a fast runner.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't play guitar, I think it's kinda gay.
Quote by TailzDoll
I lol'd

what TS means ??

Thomas Stearns
Quote by guitar12
What a thrilling story, please, tell me more about your journey as a musician.

Next I broke my classical guitar cuz I put steel strings on it
Then i formed a band , then i bought my 1st electric guitar, then I composed, then Iv learned some vocal basics, then i bought new guitars, then i played live, , then i became the best of my school ( won a contest) , then i played live

... i would insert more details if i wasnt sleepy
When I was 12 years old, my bought me a . I it every day until my hurt. . Ohh, man. All my were in groups already, so they let me with their . Then I accidentally the whole bottle and my got all sticky and I couldn't with it any more.

Sad story, bro.

Naah, seriously though, I play piano. I don't even know what I'm doing on this site.
Quote by strat0blaster
When I started playing guitar, I had to run away from dinosaurs so they wouldn't eat my guitar. I'm a fast runner.

Your going to be big
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I thought it meant Thick Skulled.

I thought it was just a sound....like tutting to show annoyance.
And for the record, TS means tepid scrotum. Don't let these liars fool you. They're liars. Dirty, dirty liars.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by psyks
When I was 12 years old, my bought me a . I it every day until my hurt. . Ohh, man. All my were in groups already, so they let me with their . Then I accidentally the whole bottle and my got all sticky and I couldn't with it any more.

Sad story, bro.

Naah, seriously though, I play piano. I don't even know what I'm doing on this site.

Neither do we.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I got a hand-me-down Squier from my uncle when I was 14. I had aspirations of being dark, heavy, and cool, like the band Korn. I wanted to one day dye my hair electric blue with frosted tips and spike it straight up into the air -- super saiyan style -- in addition to getting a tattoo of a barcode on the back of my neck because down with the man, man.

Yep. I was a regular cunt at the age of 14.

Now I'm 21 and I play an 8-string Schecter because I have aspirations of being dark, heavy, and cool, just like the band Meshuggah. [rinse and repeat]

tl;dr I should never have become a musician.
Last edited by madbasslover at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by conor-figgy
I thought it was just a sound....like tutting to show annoyance.

Well if you're wanting to show annoyance this would be the thread to express yourself because the person who created this thread is somewhat of a fool
But I digress
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Well if you're wanting to show annoyance this would be the thread to express yourself because the person who created this thread is somewhat of a fool
But I digress

my 1st thread
Quote by TailzDoll
my 1st thread

That sounds pretty funny to me
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

I started 8 years ago, I remember watching CC Deville play guitar from a Poison video, and thought "wow, he's cool, and he gets all the chicks" so I asked my mom (jokingly) if I could get a guitar for my birthday. She ended up getting me a blue First Act electric for my birthday.

A few weeks later a friend of mine came over and broke a string on my guitar, so I took it to the local shop to get new strings. I talked to the guy there and found out that they offered lessons, so I signed up and started playing.

Maybe a month went by and that First Act wouldn't stay in tune at all (no surprise there) and I was getting pretty serious about guitar, so my mom took me to George's Music and bought me my first *real* guitar - A Squire fat strat and a Marshall MG15 amp.

So I continued taking lessons from various people through the years, and got better gear along the way too.

Being the tinkerer that I am, I ended up taking apart the old Squire and messing with the parts, but back then I didn't know how to get it back together and it got thrown out by accident. It's a shame because that guitar was a prime subject for a Frankenstien project.
And the old MG15 got donated to my old high school's music program once I got my Carvin.

The rest is history.

Thanks Mom.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
I started 8 years ago, I remember watching CC Deville play guitar from a Poison video, and thought "wow, he's cool, and he gets all the chicks" so I asked my mom (jokingly) if I could get a guitar for my birthday. She ended up getting me a blue First Act electric for my birthday.

A few weeks later a friend of mine came over and broke a string on my guitar, so I took it to the local shop to get new strings. I talked to the guy there and found out that they offered lessons, so I signed up and started playing.

Maybe a month went by and that First Act wouldn't stay in tune at all (no surprise there) and I was getting pretty serious about guitar, so my mom took me to George's Music and bought me my first *real* guitar - A Squire fat strat and a Marshall MG15 amp.

So I continued taking lessons from various people through the years, and got better gear along the way too.

Being the tinkerer that I am, I ended up taking apart the old Squire and messing with the parts, but back then I didn't know how to get it back together and it got thrown out by accident. It's a shame because that guitar was a prime subject for a Frankenstien project.
And the old MG15 got donated to my old high school's music program once I got my Carvin.

The rest is history.

Thanks Mom.

that was the kind of stuff i wanted to read in this thread
Jimi Hendrix could play a solo using his teeth. I showed I could by just staring at my guitar. The people who heard it thought I was practicing an illusion, so I played louder than MANOWAR with an acoustic guitar.

I would indulge how I wrote music when I started playing, but I have already written all the riffs. TWICE!
Everybody Dies
Ignorance is NOT just what you DO NOT know but what you WILL NOT know

MY Soundcloud
Tears for toda la alegría que teníamos
Tears for todo el dolor
Las lágrimas de invierno que llevan dentro
Siempre gritar tu nombre
Estas lágrimas de invierno , voy a llorar por ti
Estas lágrimas de invierno , son solamente para usted
Quote by madbasslover
What was wrong with mine? It was a serious reply!

I liked yours the bestest
Quote by madbasslover
What was wrong with mine? It was a serious reply!

yours too o.o
Page 1 of 2