hi forum,
i am just getting started on putting together a NYC gigman pedalboard and was looking up a few layouts just to get an idea and i saw that a lot of people use a pedal power 2 in their board and i really don't understand this thing, its confusing.

a lot of forums i posted in about my pedals/board told me to pick up one of these for my pedals but the way i think it works it's useless???

I would just like an explanation of what this thing does for me and how it affects my board and how it does me justice. I thought i just plug my guitar into one pedal, link it through them all and out to the amp and unplug and close up my pedalboard, but this thing seems to be popular.

plz help, im new to this kinda stuff.
you need to supply power to your pedals.

if you have current-hungry pedals, batteries will be a pain (and even if not, you have to unplug the pedals when not in use or the battery will drain anyway).

some of the cheaper daisy chain-type power supplies can work fine, but you can get noise as they're not isolated.

pedal power is meant to be pretty good- isolated and all that. I haven't tried it, but it has a good rep.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I had the 1 Spot.
It worked well, but had problems once I went past 10 pedals.
Some pedals don't like the daisy chain thing.
Have since gotten the voodoo lab.
Works dandy.
I have the pedal power 2 for my pedalboard and it works awsome. all of my power issues are taken care of.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
It's popular for a reason, it's an awesome power supply. I've only had mines a few months although I have yet to encounter any problems (touch wood). Great quality power supply which could possibly last you years. If you have the money available definitely buy one.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
8 i think? that's if they're all 9 or 12v, and you don't mess with daisy chains.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Right, 8 on isolated outputs. If you daisy chain you can put as many as you want on. A popular thing to do is to daisy chain the less power sensitive pedals that won't get noisy if they aren't isolated. Things like tuners, powered A/B or loop switches, noise gates can be chained almost indefinitely. Chaining reverbs, flanger, phaser, trem, delay, etc can be successful as well if you are mindful of the current draw of the pedals you're chaining.
yeah i was wondering that myself. At the price they are here (£150 ) I'd only be buying one... was wondering if daisy chaining the less sensitive pedals, as you call them, might be a way to have your cake and eat it too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's what I've done on my bigger boards.
Fuzz, three ODs, wah, compressor, delay on isolated outs.
Tuner, trem, reverb, channel switch on one output and a daisy chain. Works great!

As far as I've found, any pedals that aren't amplifying the signal are most forgiving of daisy chains, with the notable exception of wahs. Compressors, wahs, and fuzzes are the least forgiving. Reverbs and modulation effects generally don't make extra noise, though reverb and delay often need their own plug because of the high current draw.
thanks, colin, i'll keep that in mind
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks a lot guys! i really knew that's what it did i just wanted to make sure. and do you even have to have batteries in the pedal for it to power them? or does it power them without batteries? this is perfect for me because i have an old liek 1980s ibanez chorus pedal that sounds godly but it sucks the life out of 9v batteries in like 5 days without unplugging it, another good tip (thank you!). i'm pretty sure once i get this pedal board setup this pedal power 2 is going on it soon enough.

this thing works out of an outlet right? so i'd have to plug it in through my board? or is it battery operated as well??? thnks guys!
Last edited by jadon13 at Jun 15, 2011,
I just watched a Youtube video where Paul Gilbert said the Pedal Power works amazingly. If it's good enough for Paul Gilbert....