Hey guys! Brendan & Jimmy here and here's our new song that just hit iTunes. We created this in memory of the recent passing of our loved ones and we hope that it can be a song that helps anyone else who has lost a loved one.

It's not perfect quality just because we recorded and mixed everything in Brendan's basement without any professional experience whatsoever.

Feel free to leave some comments and we'll definitely return the favor as soon as possible!

If you guys like it, please support us on iTunes. We can only go as far as you guys allow us!

Thanks!

http://youtu.be/lYfw97kWhLM

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/gone-single/id443929646
Hey thanks!! I checked out your song and its got some really cool stuff in there as well! Keep up the good work, i like the ambience and its got a lot of cool emotion in the guitar work that captures the feel of the song!

Thanks again!
Sooooo radio-friendly haha. It's decent! The acoustic/electric guitar parts both do their jobs well. The vocals seem to be "separate" to the music though? I don't know. Maybe they need some reverb or something to help them blend. The guitar solo is super cheesy but it works with this style of music. Good job overall. Piano outro is sweet.

Crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1451450
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Really good stuff...
The only iffy part for me was in the chorus...
"Maybe it was meant to be..."

I think it could flow better.
But instrumentally, really good stuff.

Loving the lead work on the guitar.

Edit: The lyrics in the chorus, I mean.
I really liked this. The mixing was more than adequate for this style of music i'd say. Everything blended together very well. Maybe would have liked to hear the piano a little more though?

The acoustic guitar worked well as one track in the verses and intro, however when the distorted guitar came in i would definately recommend double tracking it. It would 'bring in' the chorus and solo sections a lot more and spread out the sound, it all sounds a little mono right now.

Composition-wise, it was fantastic. Everything about it, just an all-round great song, very emotional, and i wish you guys all the best with your band!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452118
You guys nailed this style so good. The acoustic was nice, and the vocals were good too! Excellent job guys :]
This is great. Excellent guitar, excellent singing, very very good. Soulful, almost Slash-like solo too. Like someone said, it's pretty much designed for the radio. I would try to find a more original sound when making songs though, because while this is great, it's not especially memorable. You don't want the audience to feel like they've already heard your song before.

If you think about it, all the really great bands brought something new and exciting to music. If you're serious about becoming a success, then try to find that unique sound. I don't mean to come off as insulting. This was emotional, catchy, and beautiful, and far better than anything I could make, but I think that you guys have potential, and this is what I think could help. If this style is what you love, by all means, continue. Music needs to be genuine. But if you're comfortable with different styles of music, by all means, try blending some genres to create a new, and memorable sound. You could be a hit.
OK HERE WE GO, a common progression is heard but it is done so FRESH AND CLEAN! Just goin on talkin about the things we want! OH THEN THE DISTORTION !!! now we are talking about memories and things and I'm feeling like I'm back in high school and this is a place I dont want to be but the music is still nice!!!!! Then some LUVLY strings warm up the track and we are having a great time. Im glad the vocals got some back up for the chorus!! GUITAR SOLO SCREAM IT BITCH! YAY be proud man.

Show da luv bruv!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452291
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
The drums should be higher in the mix, and have more presence for sure. They sound very treble-y too, I would fix that. The bass has to much punch when it hits a note and it takes over everything. The guitar could use some presence as well and is trebley aswell, but better. Acoustic guitar is perfect sounding, vocals could use some doubling and reverb. I wasn't a fan of the bridge, and how it goes back in but I liked it more when it started, the song is fine, nothing totally new but still great for what it is.

Mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1454034
Quote by NickZimmer
This is great. Excellent guitar, excellent singing, very very good. Soulful, almost Slash-like solo too. Like someone said, it's pretty much designed for the radio. I would try to find a more original sound when making songs though, because while this is great, it's not especially memorable. You don't want the audience to feel like they've already heard your song before.

If you think about it, all the really great bands brought something new and exciting to music. If you're serious about becoming a success, then try to find that unique sound. I don't mean to come off as insulting. This was emotional, catchy, and beautiful, and far better than anything I could make, but I think that you guys have potential, and this is what I think could help. If this style is what you love, by all means, continue. Music needs to be genuine. But if you're comfortable with different styles of music, by all means, try blending some genres to create a new, and memorable sound. You could be a hit.

Thanks NickZimmer for the feedback! We understand that it may sound a little generic, but we felt as though it helped maintain a sold flow throughout the song. We agree with you that it's important to remain unique and we'll definitely keep that in mind for the future. If you have any originals or covers that you want us to critique, send them to us at anytime.

Quote by jdalivetube
way to similiar to "so far away" by staind.

We definitely don't hear the similiarities, but thanks for listening.