just bought a new cable, set it up in my amp, had a nice little practice, and what happens? the end of the new ****ing cable is stuck in the amp. i've been trying for a couple hours to get it out with various things with liquid nails on the tip. no luck, might need a new amp now.
What's the amp? Just take out (and if necessary replace) the input jack on the amp.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Mine works fine..Better than fine, every single one of cables has broken, but this has been utterly wonderful. Shit happens.
use plyers you dope.... Liquid nails??? seriously. YOu should not have electronic equipment of any sort
you do know liquid nails is a construction strength glue right? so thats only doing the total opposite of what you want it to do lol fail!!!!
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Yep, no need to replace a $5 input jack in the worst case scenario, you need an entire new amp.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
...How the **** do you get a cable stuck in an amp? If anything, you put the wrong damn type of cable in it, which I don't see how you could.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
LMFAO liquid nailsXD You should of came on the forum BEFORE you started pumpin industrial adhesive into your amp.
Quote by GibsonMan321
...How the **** do you get a cable stuck in an amp? If anything, you put the wrong damn type of cable in it, which I don't see how you could.

I think he means the tip of the cable got stuck past the spring, and came off the cable.

Use pliers, or take the amp out, so you can see the circuit board, and try to poke it though.

If it's a tube amp be careful sticking anything metal inside of it, the voltage it stores can kill you.
throw the amp out of high building. this will get the end of the plug out and increase your crystal lattice!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by ethan_hanus
If it's a tube amp be careful sticking anything metal inside of it, the voltage it stores can kill you.

Survival of the fittest - Darwin's theory working overtime.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I do agree that they suck, but for other reasons. It's like adding a radio antenna to your system.

Anybody want to buy some gently used Monster cables?
Gold plated monster cables are a little bit wider than the average 1/4 inch cable. I used to use them, but they destroyed ALL of my guitar/amp jacks over time. I now have decided my favorite cables are Vox coil cables, which are gold plated and not jack damaging. F*ck monster cables, over priced and not even the best.

But seriously. Grab pliers...
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Last edited by kracdown at Jun 14, 2011,
Quote by kracdown
Gold plated monster cables are a little bit wider than the average 1/4 inch cable. I used to use them, but they destroyed ALL of my guitar/amp jacks over time. I know have decided my favorite cables are Vox coil cables, which are gold plated and not jack damaging. F*ck monster cables, over priced and not even the best.

But seriously. Grab pliers...

I prefer LiveWire Elite cables, I've only had to replace mine once, which I got it replaced for free, but I broke the jack end cause I was too rough with it, found a way around that problem, just don't put any stress on the jack of the cable, like you should do with all cables anyways.

I just got some Austin Vintage Guitar made speaker cables, so I'm gonna see how good those are, they seem pretty beefy and tough.

I also like the Ibanez Series 96 cables, very good cheap cables, I'm very impressed with mine.
Quote by colin617
I've really got to stop coming back to this place...

Use pliers. Jeez.

then just leave?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Monster cables rock.

Not a big deal.

And every cable can break. Try gigging. You will find that out quickly!
Mogami cables?... Anyone?...

Seriously though. I have no earthly idea how you managed to do this.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
I assume the tip broke off and is now inside the jack? I suppose it has to be an enclosed jack seeing as how you can't get another cable in there (with open jacks the tip just falls into the chassis). Just replace the jack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification