So i was at the guitar store today and came across this guitar. It was in my price range and i liked the way it felt and sounded.

When i came home i went to research it, said it was a Regeant Folk guitar which i guess is where the "RF" comes from. Now what i'm wondering is what exactly does that mean? Is that the style of guitar? How it's put together?

I'm obviously clueless about this kinda stuff but if there's a thread you can redirect me too to figure that out or if you know off hand i'd appreciate it
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
The Regent series for Alvarez is their lower end models. They are constructed of laminate wood as opposed to solid wood. Despite that, they aren't bad guitars by any means. In fact I personally feel they are right up there with the likes of Yamaha in the laminate guitar market.

If you move up to the Artist series, you start getting guitars with solid tops on them.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Quote by iband48
The Regent series for Alvarez is their lower end models. They are constructed of laminate wood as opposed to solid wood. Despite that, they aren't bad guitars by any means. In fact I personally feel they are right up there with the likes of Yamaha in the laminate guitar market.

If you move up to the Artist series, you start getting guitars with solid tops on them.

Hmm, well i'm not really looking for the greatest guitar out there but i do want one that'll be reliable. Is the laminate going to affect the durability by a significant amount?

I'm just in the market for a reasonably cheap acoustic (around $300) that won't give me a hard time because my last one was absolutely horrible, the neck was constantly bent, it never held tune. I want to avoid that haha.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
The guitar you have purchased has a mahoganysolid top and laminated mahogany back and sides. I played one at my local guitar center and I had mixed feelings about it. Didn't impress.
I got me an all solid wood Martin 000-15M which is an mahogany guitar and am extremely pleased with it. Obviously it costs 3 times plus what you want to spend.
Guitar that really impressed me in that price range was a Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo, very playable, good build quality, could handle fingerpicking and strumming without breaking up. Solid cedar top with wild cherry laminated back and sides. It is under 300 dollar mark and if you can snag one used you will save a few more buxx.
As far as how to take care of your new instrument, pick up a decent hardshell case for it, keep it humidified so top doesn't crack or sink and you are set. I just use ziploc baggs and cellulose sponges. One goes underneath the headstock in case, other goes inside of the guitar. Also have digital hygrometer in my guitar area. Optimal range is 40-50 percent humidity. I re wet the sponges about once a week. Simple and hardly takes any time.
Sponges are double bagged, bag sponge resides in, I cut slits in it so it can breathe moisture out, then I put it inside another bag - presto - inexpensive guitar humidifier.
La Patrie Motif
Martin 000-15M
Silver Creek T160