Hi! ... I need a microphone. Specifically one that works well with all instruments, but primarily for electric guitar. I don't know much about microphones though, so I thought this would be a good place to ask. I usually use a moderate amount of distortion, and a bit of delay and reverb, in case that factors into picking the microphone I'll need. I don't exactly have a specific price range, but I'd like to keep it on the not-going-to-need-another-job-to-pay-for-this side of the pricing spectrum.

Any suggestions?
The Shure SM57 is a staple.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Yeah I agree with above. Shure SM57 or another one of my favs is a Sennheiser E906
Might as well get a 57. They're handy to have around and do pretty good on amps. Sennheiser makes a few specific for amps, and the MD421 is another excellent amp mic. A 57 will be the cheapest.
Either Shure Sm57 or a Sennhieser e609
Do you love Alice In Chains and Metallica? How about Tool and Velvet Revolver?...then you need to check out one of the most refreshing new hard rock bands in awhile...-->The Liberty Underground<--
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Will I need any kind of audio processing equipment, or interface, or anything like that?
If you plan on recording, you will need an audio interface, a means of playback (studio reference monitors or flat response headphones,) a microphone (clearly,) and a digital audio workstation such as Reaper.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R