Hey all,

I acquired a sunburst PRS SE Singlecut Trem about 9 months ago. It's my second PRS, the first being a black Tremonti SE I got for a combination Christmas/birthday present when I was 16. I later put EMGs in that guitar, and now, after really falling in love with my new sunburst, that was a decision I came to regret.

So my plan is to take out the EMGs and replace them with some pickups that are comparable tonally to the stock pickups in my sunburst. My question is...it's hard to find the SE pickups out there on the market...so what pickups would compare to those in most of the PRS SE models, in terms of tone? I want this guitar to sound similar in the end to my sunburst SE Singlecut.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
How about going for the Signature PRS Tremonti pickups? I hear those are very good.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Put a WTB (want to buy) ad on your local craigslist. Someone replaced se pups and has them laying around.

Just don't go JB/59.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by GibsonMan321
How about going for the Signature PRS Tremonti pickups? I hear those are very good.

I thought about that, but the Tremontis are WAY hotter than the p/us in my sunburst. I need something with as I'm figuring to be medium-ish output. I would probably look for the #6s or #7s if I can find them. I played a USA Singlecut with 7s once and a USA Singlecut Trem with 6s another time and I was rather pleased. I think they're discontinued, though. I know Myles Kennedy uses a SD Custom Custom in his PRSes, but I'm not too familiar with that pickup. Anybody try one of those??

Quote by gregs1020
Put a WTB (want to buy) ad on your local craigslist. Someone replaced se pups and has them laying around.

Just don't go JB/59

Totally agreed. Such an overrated pickup pair. I'll try that too, because other SEs sound pretty damn good