i am a beginner trying to learn metal drums having troule learning anything if anyone can help plzzz do
First step in drumming is learning to spellcheck and use punctuation

After that, 'metal drum beat' is a little vague. How skilled are you? What did you have in mind, exactly? Just any basic beat?
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
yes any basic beat sorry about spelling and gammar. i was never good in english haha right now i only no a simple rock beat and im trying to learn some metal beats but i can't find any. im looking for something heavy
Last edited by badrummer at Jun 15, 2011,
i need some metal midi drum loops too,i want too put them in my gnx4 and play with the gnx4 drum machine,and they mus tbe on midi channel 0 only
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
For the love of god buy a dictionary and a metronome. Put the metronome at 100 BPM. When you can play the "simple rock beat" that you "no" in perfect time bump it up to 110 BPM, and repeat until one day you are playing a simple rock beat at 240 BPM and guess what. You are now playing metal. Then move from quater notes, to eighth to sixteenth notes on the bass drum(s) starting slow and working your way up.

The speed at which you can play is irrelevant if you cannot play in time. The key is just to practice and listen. Listen to bands you like and attempt to duplicate what you hear. Obviously, at first you will not be able to do so, but with time you will find that you can master anything.
If you look at Metallica and Megadeth, and indeed other classic metal songs, they aren't often overly complicated, save for being fast, most of the time. Sometimes they'll throw in fancy drum fills, but for the most part, metal drums only consists of simple rhythms, at high speed, played aggressively. Of course, this depends on the genre, what are your influences, or otherwise bands you listen to?
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by leo4sf
For the love of god buy a dictionary and a metronome. Put the metronome at 100 BPM. When you can play the "simple rock beat" that you "no" in perfect time bump it up to 110 BPM, and repeat until one day you are playing a simple rock beat at 240 BPM and guess what. You are now playing metal.
Actually, that'd be punk, really...

TS, you are going to want to look up the skank beat, blast beat, and then also stock double bass beats.
Quote by badrummer
i am a beginner trying to learn metal drums having troule learning anything if anyone can help plzzz do

Sup - Do you have a double kick?
RIP Tom Searle.
yes i have a double kick. i have a a metronome and i already can do the rock beat fast im looking for other beats besides this one. im not that new to drums i know my stuff im just looking for simple easy heavy metal beats. i like constant double bass and triplet bass stuff. i no a skank beat, some what im working on it. i can do blast beast and never heard of a stock bass. i have GuitarPro.
Last edited by badrummer at Jun 15, 2011,
its all relative my friend, the beginning of this song for example. try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7C9Tr4okNw
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
chop suey! by system of a down might be a good place to start if your into that sort of metal
i am the fattest kid on the block
Quote by fatkevin10
chop suey! by system of a down might be a good place to start if your into that sort of metal

i would love to learn chop suey but i have tried already and im still working on it. i have trouble learning songs
yes i can say that if you are beginner like me then try simple and easy song technique it will help lot
for me its just trying to learn a song. its really hard for me, i can make up my own stuff but learning a song is hard
Quote by badrummer
for me its just trying to learn a song. its really hard for me, i can make up my own stuff but learning a song is hard

Well you have to learn songs eventually, you won't be very good on the drums after all if you can't play songs...
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
ya i no. im wroking on it, i have the begining of spheres of madness by decapitated. im working on the rest of it
Shit, my bad, I totally forgot to post all those grooves I was talking about! Sorry

Anyway, here.

The grooves from measures 1-9 are just regular double bass beats, which usually consists of a basic rock groove except with 16th note double bass added. Measures 11-13 are skank beats. 15-21 are blast beats.
Attachments:
metalbeats1.gp5
Last edited by Steve08 at Jun 26, 2011,
Quote by 3OddOnes
^^
whats measure 14 then?

you didn't even think to mention measure 10...
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."