The nitrocellulose coating should protect it, unless you have some really noxious sweat.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Knucklehead Dyl
I've discoloured my gold bridge...
that might happen.
I think it looks better though

The hardware is nickel, so it won't happen.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
Yes - nitrocellulose.

I see, so you wont even get to the paint (like you wouldnt get to the wood on a normal guitar)
It'll never fade as such. I'm not sure if Gibson still use Bronze powder like they did in the original 50s finishes. If they do then eventually sweat will cause the bronze to oxidize, giving a slightly green tint to areas that receive the most sweat. This is sought after on vintage les pauls.

Gibson may have changed the forumla of the paint to avoid this now, so who knows?

They are very nice guitars in general. One of the best Les Pauls I've ever played was a R7 Goldtop and that was a goldtop. I've found them to be consistently very good from what I've played.
Everything wears through if you give it enough time. Those smooth rocks at the beach were once jagged lumps of abrasive nastiness. But a goldtop finish will not wear any faster than a honeyburst, alpine white or what have you.

Quote by digman50
...a R7 Goldtop and that was a goldtop.

Really?
Quote by Pikka Bird
Everything wears through if you give it enough time. Those smooth rocks at the beach were once jagged lumps of abrasive nastiness. But a goldtop finish will not wear any faster than a honeyburst, alpine white or what have you.

Really?

Yep