So today I picked up my first tube amp, my first carvin amp, and my first carpeted (non-hartke) amp! And guess what the best part was! It was an all-in-one deal!

As far as a review, here is my whack at it:
Let's start with the clean channel! Right off the bat I got a wonderful, brilliant sounding clean tone, with NO breakup, not even with a wah. Then I tweaked it a bit, and I got a perfect jazz tone, with slightly boomy bass (In a good way) but it's still clear. Clear enough to play bass through!

Then on the gain, I was able to get a cool kinda marshally dirt tone, very full of life while retaining the guitar's tone!
Then I kicked in the gain boost! The high gain voicing is not really like any other amp... Very clear, but full sounding. It can't go as high gain as a V3 or a 6505, but it works for the music I play!

The reverb tank does its job, I don't know much about reverb...

The power tubes are el34s, haven't checked out the make yet... Probably groove or
JJ.

The speaker bonds perfectly with the amp!

Overall, as far as bang for your buck, this was the best purchase ever. I'm truly happy with every aspect.

Verdict: I'f you want a really great all around amp for not that much, WAH-BOOM! Here's the answer!
However, if you want crazy gain, look somewhere else, or get a nice boost!

If anybody cares, they have the fourth (I think) reissue of the amp out at carvin, and it's tolex for those who have cats!
Attachments:
amp1.jpg
amp2.jpg
amp3.jpg
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
Last edited by evhbrianmay at Jun 15, 2011,
I had to copypasta your links into the address bar, then I refreshed, and they all show up now. Weird.

Ya, you can get some sick sounds outta that thing, trust me
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Broken pictures

Happy new amp day none the less.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
dang. They load just fine for me! O.o
I'm gonna try to make this work...

EDIT: Works now?
(PM Me.)
Last edited by evhbrianmay at Jun 15, 2011,
Thanks for the compliments, you guys.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Interesting Speaker

How so? I love the speaker, it seems made for this amp.
(PM Me.)