Sup guys

I preatty much have my ideal tone dialed in but i have a lot of hiss especially on the low end (i play in Ab)

Im not an expert when it come to Using EQ expect iv cut the low end at 120 and boosted the high mids

Is there any way i can cut a section of the eq curve to help me out?

any help would be great

cheers!
Maybe I'm wrong, but I suppose you could try a noise gate to treat some of the hiss.

Also, try turning down the gain on your amp.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
i have a gate, and amp gain is at 55% i am running a tube screamer but the hiss is still there even when i turn it off
Are you talking specifically about recording or your setup in general?
If it's your setup, get a 31 band EQ. They are extremely good for reducing noise. I got mine for 35 dollars but it's beat up badly. I had to clean the faders and pots. It's the inside that matters.

If you are talking about recording, I have a good 31 band EQ VST that I could link you to. I'll have to get back to you on the link though. I'm not going to open Cubase when I'm doing a major defragmentation on my main drive.

Noise gates work wonders as well. I have an MXR Smart Gate. It's built like a tank... Actually, let me rephrase that; it is a tank.
I'm planning on getting a G String rack noise reducer or the Rocktron Hush rackmount noise reducer.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by mr7string
i have a gate, and amp gain is at 55% i am running a tube screamer but the hiss is still there even when i turn it off

Well that sounds like a power issue with the Tubescreamer. Just run directly to your amp and see if that gets rid of the noise. If it does, its most likely the power supply you use with the Tubescreamer.
If not, are you using your noise gate in the FX loop? If not, you're probably hearing preamp noise from your amp.

As for EQing out noise, its easy with plugin EQ's (if you're doing it after you've recorded it)
Grab one band of a parametric EQ, set the Q as high as it will go (narrow bandwidth) and boost it up about 10dB. Sweep the frequency around until the noise jumps out, then cut that frequency out (no more than 10dB, because you're still affecting other frequencies around it)
Simple question: Is the amp you're using a valve amp? Or even a solid-state but turned up very loud (although that would beg the question how is the hiss audible when the mic would need only a tiny amount of gain to not clip the guitar signal)?

Valve amps are very noisy, by nature, and the more gain you dial in, the more hiss you are going to get, even when you have the guitar muted. The best way to counter this is to use an additional noise gate (or one with two inputs and outputs, like the rackmount stereo ISP Decimator, although I believe they now do a pedal with two ins/outs) and have one in front of the preamp (i.e after guitar, before amp) and the other in the effects loop between the preamp and power amp.

The gate in front will cut feedback issues and anything related to the guitar (so careful not to cut off sustain); and the second line of the gate will prevent the preamp's hiss being summed by the power amp, thus reducing the hiss and the feedback in one neat package.

BUT BEWARE: It is very easy to overcook the gating when you have two channels of it, and end up chopping your sustain to death. With the first gate level, only use enough to rid yourself of feedback when playing staccato patterns/riffs. If this kills sustain, you may have to lower the amp gain further (adjust to taste, mind). The second level should not interfere with your playing dynamics at all if set right... it should just be used to cut out the amp's noisefloor, as the first gate is to prevent the feedback etc.

If you can try this, I assure you it will solve 99% of your noise issues that could possibly resolve around the amp/guitar signal chain before the mic is involved.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.