I bought my first Wah pedal not too long ago. I quickly realized that when I move the pedal up or down beyond a certain speed, I get a crackling noise. So, I opened it up and figured out I'm missing a part.

On the circuit board it's marked as C2. I wish I knew more about pedals and amps, but I have no clue. I saw a picture and the board is supposed to have three of the little cylinders sticking up, two bigger ones and the skinnier one, which I'm missing.

As far as I can tell, this is the only problem. The pedal still works, but the crackling just kills the sound when I try to use it.

So, how hard it would be to find the part and put it in?
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
First, try emailing Dunlop. I got a Jekyll & Hyde from Visual Sound, looked at the included schematics, and thought I was missing a pot when I took a look at the guts of my pedal. On first glance, I'll say that you're an unintended victim of the "the rules and regulations are subject to change without notification." By their very nature, these issues can occur overnight. Get some peace of mind by asking the company, then follow whatever suggestions more knowledgeable members of the forum can give.
I am a fake mountain.
sounds to me like the pot needs cleaning? i had an original crybaby which did exactly the same thing.... i took the bottom off it, gave the pot a good clean with contact cleaner and worked the pedal up and down for a bit, and the crackle had gone!
if need be, a replacement pot can be got off ebay for a few quid and job done! :-)

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
did you buy this pedal new or used? +1 on crackling sounds being due to old/dirty pots. Either replace it or put some contact cleaner in there.

If it's otherwise functional, it's unlikely there are parts missing. That said, if you bought used, perhaps the previous owner modified it.
its the pot, they use the same PCB for multiple wahs
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
C2 would probably be a capacitor of some sort, but as mentioned above, I bet they use the same circuitboard pattern for all of their wahs, and just switch out different caps and resistors depending on what wah type it is (classic, multi-wah, signature, etc). If it was missing a cap, the circuit would probably be incomplete and I doubt that the pedal would be functional; it mostly sounds like a dirty pot (if it is crackling), which you can clean with some DeOxit spray.
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Yeah, you're not missing any parts. They have some spots without components in them. That's normal. As mentioned, your pot needs cleaning. If it's sealed and can't be cleaned, the pot needs to be replaced.
Thanks for all the advice, dudes. It turned out, all I needed to do was blow a little bit of air in to the pot, since I didnt have any contact cleaner. The crackle is all gone.

However, it seems like it's way quieter now and you can barely hear the effect. Are the classics normally really subtle, or is mine just dumb?
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.