Here is a link if you haven't watched it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-twpY_XQyg

I tried using his spider chord and make some riffs last night, and I thought it sounded cool. Only problem is that Mustaine probably have made that same riff as i long time ago even if he doesn't use it in a Megadeth song.

I am mainly going to make some own thrash metal songs.

I feel I can't come up with anything orginal ... I only know Mustaines spider chord, power chords and the pentatonic and the blues scale so far and I have played guitar for 3 years ...
Last edited by zezima940 at Jun 15, 2011,
Cool story bro
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by zezima940
Here is a link if you haven't watched it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-twpY_XQyg

I tried using his spider chord and make some riffs last night, and I thought it sounded cool. Only problem is that Mustaine probably have made that same riff as i long time ago even if he doesn't use it in a Megadeth song.

I am mainly going to make some own thrash metal songs.

I feel I can't come up with anything orginal ... I only know Mustaines spider chord, power chords and the pentatonic and the blues scale so far and I have played guitar for 3 years ...
Not only that: he's going to sue you

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Learn more theory, listen to more music. Inspiration comes from the music, and knowing how to apply the ideas comes from the theory
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by HeretiK538
Learn more theory, listen to more music. Inspiration comes from the music, and knowing how to apply the ideas comes from the theory

I am taking lessons, but it's going very slow ... But after high school im going to take a 1 year break and go to a school to learn more about guitar
Last edited by zezima940 at Jun 15, 2011,
Learn an assload of Slayer, Sodom, Kreator, Metallica (first 4 albums, mainly Kill Em All). Listen, learn, apply, and you'll be thrashing in no time.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
I know Seek and Destroy, Master of Puppets, For Whom The Bells Tolls and Creeping Death from Metallica already (except for solos tho xD) I also know intro and verse to Holy Wars and I know Trust (except solo) from Megadeth
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
the spider chord IS a power chord its just an easier way to play between strings

Yep. It's just a clever way of switching between power chords.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I found that in writing constantly for 2 years, I couldn't come up with anything I liked. Eventually, I just clicked and started writing things I did like. I recommend you thoroughly analyse the songs that inspire you, and identify what sounds good about them. Then, try to transpose the technique over into your own writing. That's what worked for me, anyway
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
He "learned" it by necessity, it's economy of motion. It's practice which opens up a "problem" and observation and experimentation which led to his break through. I've invented a few chords that way. I remember years ago doing "I Wish" in a cover band I was in, and realizing the bar chord jumps were killing me, so I used theory to figure out how to play and stay funky without using barre chords, which were Ebm7 to Ab7, and after a while people that play started asking me where I learned those weird looking chords! Survival was where I learned them! That and knowing theory!

Don't try to invent anything, if you play long enough, necessity will probably dictate. This whole thing about "comining up with something original" what's that about just play. We don't have a crown polished and waiting for you bro, if you come up with your own "spider chord" thing like Dave did; we don't care bro. Just play the guitar and have fun. There are no prizes for you...we really don't care. Be original by finding your creative voice. I saw a guy post that he wants to be like the guitar player from Troy, and I'm thinking, well that's all well and good, but we already HAVE that guy, what about you...what's your inner voice have to say? We don't need two or three more.

Find what you're about and you will be original.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
He "learned" it by necessity, it's economy of motion. It's practice which opens up a "problem" and observation and experimentation which led to his break through. I've invented a few chords that way. I remember years ago doing "I Wish" in a cover band I was in, and realizing the bar chord jumps were killing me, so I used theory to figure out how to play and stay funky without using barre chords, which were Ebm7 to Ab7, and after a while people that play started asking me where I learned those weird looking chords! Survival was where I learned them! That and knowing theory!

Don't try to invent anything, if you play long enough, necessity will probably dictate. This whole thing about "comining up with something original" what's that about just play. We don't have a crown polished and waiting for you bro, if you come up with your own "spider chord" thing like Dave did; we don't care bro. Just play the guitar and have fun. There are no prizes for you...we really don't care. Be original by finding your creative voice. I saw a guy post that he wants to be like the guitar player from Troy, and I'm thinking, well that's all well and good, but we already HAVE that guy, what about you...what's your inner voice have to say? We don't need two or three more.

Find what you're about and you will be original.

Best,

Sean

Sean, you are right I am just obsessed with being like other people, playing like other people, but come up with originality (i don't know if originality is a word). And I forgot about beeing myself and playing my way. I still need to learn more theory to expanse my limited playing, but what you said inspires me to grab my axe and just blow myself away in the playing no matter if it's at a beginners stadium or an advanced player
Dave Mustaine has this idea that his ''spider chord'' technique is the most important thing that happened to metal...
Quote by zezima940
Sean, you are right I am just obsessed with being like other people, playing like other people, but come up with originality (i don't know if originality is a word). And I forgot about beeing myself and playing my way. I still need to learn more theory to expanse my limited playing, but what you said inspires me to grab my axe and just blow myself away in the playing no matter if it's at a beginners stadium or an advanced player

There you go! Have fun, and give things time, I believe in the saying "If it sounds good, it is good"

Sean
Quote by marc137
Dave Mustaine has this idea that his ''spider chord'' technique is the most important thing that happened to metal...

You do have to admit, it's pretty clever.

But was I the only person upon hearing "spider chord" expecting to watch a video of either Master of Puppets or Message in a Bottle?
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by shwilly
Not only that: he's going to sue you

I think your getting him confused with Lars Ulrich.
Gear

Guitars: Dean ML ATF3000, Schecter C-1 Black Market Custom
Amp: Blackstar HT-5
Pedals: MXR 10-band EQ, EHX Metal Muff
Quote by MetalHead502
I think your getting him confused with Lars Ulrich.

or Gene Simmons
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by AlanHB
You do have to admit, it's pretty clever.

But was I the only person upon hearing "spider chord" expecting to watch a video of either Master of Puppets or Message in a Bottle?

I was expecting some of the Spider exercises...

Just turned into their chord shapes and made into awesome songs. Then again, stacked tri-tones and augmented chords only sound good so many ways
Last edited by DiminishedFifth at Jun 20, 2011,