http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYY8yC9C7g
Can somebody explain a little closer what he is talking about in 1:40?
What are these called, and where can i get them?
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Jun 15, 2011,
He's talking about the books that people use to write down how much they practise and what they practise. People mostly use them for losing weight.

As to where you can get it and how to use it, go to justinguitar and look under "practice time".
These are books that Piano teachers would use to chart their students progress. They are formatted and organized so you can see a history of their practice, what they were working on, any etudes or pieces they were to learn, their times - its basically a log that says "Here's what I should be working on".

I have custom designed handout sheets at the Academy (Not online, but the in-person, brick and mortar one) In it I have a checklist of whatever specific warmups that I've given for that student (I have 12 different ones, each coded with a letter) Then a section where I detail the homework - usually 3-4 points that we have covered, and how long to spend on it. And finally any application exercises that the student needs to complete. For example if I taught something new about fretboard navigation, they'd come back with a recording of applying that over a backing track that I've given them. I keep these in their progress folder - they hand them back each session. If they are under the age of 15, then the parent also signs off that their student completed the required homework as well.

It's sort of my version of a practice book/student log, except I hand them 1 page at a time per session.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
These are books that Piano teachers would use to chart their students progress. They are formatted and organized so you can see a history of their practice, what they were working on, any etudes or pieces they were to learn, their times - its basically a log that says "Here's what I should be working on".

I have custom designed handout sheets at the Academy (Not online, but the in-person, brick and mortar one) In it I have a checklist of whatever specific warmups that I've given for that student (I have 12 different ones, each coded with a letter) Then a section where I detail the homework - usually 3-4 points that we have covered, and how long to spend on it. And finally any application exercises that the student needs to complete. For example if I taught something new about fretboard navigation, they'd come back with a recording of applying that over a backing track that I've given them. I keep these in their progress folder - they hand them back each session. If they are under the age of 15, then the parent also signs off that their student completed the required homework as well.

It's sort of my version of a practice book/student log, except I hand them 1 page at a time per session.

Best,

Sean

Thanks for your answer!
Do you know if this type of books have a spesific name and where do i get them?
this is a good one:
http://musiciansway.com/Practice_Sheet.pdf

just print a bunch, and use a regular notebook to record what you do each day. its not supposed to be used as a daily regiment, but as a way for you to both control what you do, and give yourself some flexibility with what you practice.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)