at work we got in these: CHUCK NORRIS!!, which i find funny.

but a coworker told me a meme is no longer funny when its in real life and on a t-shirt.

what do you guys think, when is a meme no longer funny?
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
When you start making threads about them.

Seriously though, I don't agree with your coworker, there are also Me Gusta shirts and I still pee my pants a little almost every time that guy shows up in a comic.
"Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these: it might have been."

Quote by guitarplayer$
I was in a band in grade 7 with a could of dudes named "dabo" and tyler. My name's steve so we actually went on stage as S.T.D.
Quote by mental_zer0
1. Chuck Norris jokes were never funny.

I thought they were pretty funny. I liked that they went away for a while, and now are magically back in t-shirt form.

Of all the stupid jokes on the internet, I thought it was pretty funny. I do often wonder what chuck norris thought of them...

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
*Makes "What you really need is a new amp" t-shirts*
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
*Makes "What you really need is a new FOG MACHINE FFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" t-shirts*

Fixed
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
When someone says something funny, it's funny. When some idiot repeats it, it isn't funny.
Quote by mental_zer0

Came in here to say this. Also, memes stop being funny when little arseholes post them all over Facebook whilst using the xDDDD face. Fuck off please.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

There are very few internet phenomena that can survive the transition to real life without coming off as stupid and lame. See: Anonymous protests, Tosh.0, and people who say "lol."
Quote by blackflag49
and people who say "lol."

people say "lol" outloud?

i'd say the meme is over when your mom posts them on facebook

Quote by GisleAune
Hot topic is where memes go to die
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by robhc
They're not funny once they leave 4chan.

implying that 4chan is funny to begin with
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
Quote by ControlledExperiment
implying that 4chan is funny to begin with

That was sorta the point. You do get the occasional funny thread, once in a blue moon. Apart from that though, it's horrible.
I've said it before, and I will say it again.

Memes on internet = mildly funny to funny
Memes not on internet = Usually shite, or has minimal comedic value.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
It's really just a matter of how they're used. I have some friends who will throw in a meme or a variation of a meme when we're hanging out at the right time, and it will be genuinely funny. I have other friends (one especially) who will just list off random, irrelevant memes (both internet memes, and inside jokes among us) with no timing whatsoever, and obviously, that isn't really funny.
Quote by rotten_days
people say "lol" outloud?

That's the least of it, someone in my little brother's eighth grade yearbook made his quote "I pwn noobs."
Quote by blackflag49
That's the least of it, someone in my little brother's eighth grade yearbook made his quote "I pwn noobs."
That's what happens when you allow 8th graders to choose yearbook quotes....
Quote by blackflag49

no way.

i have a girl on facebook who is forever using stupid internet crap like that as her status in an attempt to get nerdy boys attention. it works, shes like their queen.

Quote by GisleAune
Memes are only funny if you use them right. No one EVER uses them right. Because you can't use them right.

I do, however, say "I ain't even mad" and "lol" outloud everyday, multiple times a day, and I'm a funny fucker.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
The Chuck Norris jokes were NEVER funny. Ever. I have never laughed at a single one and I've always thought they were ****ing stupid.

However, the whole trollface/stickfigurefaces is pretty ****ing hilarious.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
However, the whole trollface/stickfigurefaces is pretty ****ing hilarious.

Except not really.

If I see a joke a hundred times, it's not funny anymore. I just don't understand what part of people's brains makes them think that continuing to post the exact same thing over and over is going to continue to be funny. I don't understand why people still post the troll face, for example. It wasn't particularly funny to begin with and now it's just obnoxious.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I think once they hit real life. If they come from the internet that is where they should stay.
The cracked article sums it up nicely.
ಠ_ಠ
I don't even get Chuck Norris. Who the f*ck even is he? Clint Eastwood's where it's at.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by mental_zer0

QFT.

Seriously, I've never even smiled at a Chuck Norris joke, except maybe out of sympathy for the joke teller.

And TS, a meme stops being funny when it's everywhere and everyone is saying it.
It's kind of a complicated thing, a meme is supposed to be popular but it stops being funny when it's too popular (if that makes any sense)
^

Like Charlie Sheen.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by SlipknotRule93
^

Like Charlie Sheen.

The thing about Charlie Sheen though was that the meme was forced by the media.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
The thing about Charlie Sheen though was that the meme was forced by the media.

I'm now less surprised as to why I never found it funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm quite a fan of some memes, like the rage faces, but some of them are so overdone it's not worth it anymore.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest

Quote by rotten_days
no way.

i have a girl on facebook who is forever using stupid internet crap like that as her status in an attempt to get nerdy boys attention. it works, shes like their queen.

I hate those people. So much.

Just because you're a hot chick doesn't mean you're not lame.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
What's a meme?

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
When it's spouted unrelentingly by summerfags that have nothing better to do than become the cancer that's killing /b/.
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Quote by TheBurningFish

Just because you're a hot chick doesn't mean you're not lame.

and just because your a very plain/borderline ugly girl with a lot of nerdy knowledge, doesn't make you hot

Quote by GisleAune