So yeah, while being blind drunk last night, I seem to have purchased an Ibanez RG 170 R. I'm pretty sure it's shit, and it's in pretty bad condition, but I paid £5 for it. First of the problems would be the input jack. Its really loose and if you put a guitar lead in it, it'll literally fall straight back out, any ideas what this could be/how to fix this?

The other problem is the screws at the bridge to adjust the intonation, 2 of them are missing, I assume I can just buy screws of the same size and fit them in?

And also, I've been looking for a kinda mess around guitar besides my Schecter anyway, so if were to fix it and change the pups, would it be any good? Is it even worth keeping?
to fix the jack, unscrew the jack plate and bend the crooked post towards the hole slightly.

you should know what i mean once you open it up.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
What kolonelkadat said, or just stick a new input in there.

As for the bridge screws, you might be better off just getting some more saddles, I remember the screws being difficult to get hold of.

I have an Ibanez RG220B, I chucked a set of Dimarzios in it, and now it sounds great. Once you've fixed her up, if you like how she sounds/plays, keep it. It won't be a bad axe.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
Quote by Bidley
What kolonelkadat said, or just stick a new input in there.

As for the bridge screws, you might be better off just getting some more saddles, I remember the screws being difficult to get hold of.

I have an Ibanez RG220B, I chucked a set of Dimarzios in it, and now it sounds great. Once you've fixed her up, if you like how she sounds/plays, keep it. It won't be a bad axe.

I've sorted the input now, out of curiosity which Dimarzios did you put in it?
^ Exactly what I was thinking. Regardless of the quality, any guitar for £5 is a steal!
Adam
If you like the neck and the feel... fix it up!
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
fix it up.

so you were drunk when you met, who cares. the guitar won't remember last night anyway.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
crunch lab and liquifire?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
are you sure you didn't steal it?

Why would anyone sell a guitar for that cheap?!
Where the hell did you find a guitar for a fiver, i wish i could
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Quote by EspTro
crunch lab and liquifire?

I don't know if I'd be willing to drop that much money on pickups for a guitar I paid that little for. Those two pickups are worth more than the guitar new. Just my opinion.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Fix it up, play around with it for a bit, if you like it keep it, if you don't, EBAY TIME.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

me and the other guitar player in my band usually ending up buying chips or cheeseburgers or poutine when we're drunk (cheeseburger poutine on one occasion.) youre purchase pwns us. slap some dimarzios in that ma'f
PRS CE22
PRS SE Santana
Fender Spalted Maple Tele
Squier Affinity Tele w.mods
Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo + 212 Recto Cab
Homemade Ash Bass
BBE Two Timer
DUNLOP Wah
BOSS GE-7
KORG Pitchblack
MXR Dyna Comp

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
If you only paid 5 pounds or something(that's like $2, right? ) for the guitar, I'd say that leaves plenty of room for parts money. Get all the missing parts replaced and see what kind of beast you have there. Replace the crap jack, do a good setup and decide then if it deserves better pickups.
5 quid for a guitar that seems to be largely ok? That sounds good. Just fix it up and flip it if you don't like it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I want to make that kind of purchase.
I want to get the dimarzio d-sonics
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by carpepax
If you only paid 5 pounds or something(that's like $2, right? ) for the guitar, I'd say that leaves plenty of room for parts money. Get all the missing parts replaced and see what kind of beast you have there. Replace the crap jack, do a good setup and decide then if it deserves better pickups.

That's about $7.5-just under $10. Still not a bad purchase, I say congrats and fix it up and then decide what to do with it.
Quote by carpepax

I can only hope that was a joke, even the Aussie dollar has been worth more than the US dollar since about October last year...

Quote by Warrior47
Where did you find a 5 quid guitar when you were drunk?

THIS +1000! I think it demands an explaination.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by avenge the rage
Where the hell did you find a guitar for a fiver, i wish i could

Hell you can't even get a couple of pints for a fiver most places.
Gear
Jackson DK2
Ibanez RGR320EX
Guild X82 Nova
Godin Seagull S6

Vox V847
Vox VT40+ / VFS5 VT

Quote by FatalGear41

Right now, there are six and a half billion people on earth who don't care what kind of tubes you have in your amplifier
Quote by Willowthewitch
Hell you can't even get a couple of pints for a fiver most places.

You think that's bad. In Australia (at least in Perth) the jug of beer is now almost extinct and the pint is starting to follow it. Most pubs in the inner city are charging like $8+ for a pint.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
Quote by kharn_tb
That's about $7.5-just under $10. Still not a bad purchase, I say congrats and fix it up and then decide what to do with it.

Quote by nitestick
I can only hope that was a joke, even the Aussie dollar has been worth more than the US dollar since about October last year...

Don't get your economies in a twist. I was being sarcastic. I know that both British and Aussie bills are more than a dollar.
Yeah I plan on fixing it up and seeing what I've got.

Purchase was made at a house party, guy who owned the house was talking about it, and apparently I offered him £5 as a joke, he took it, and here we are
Watch my covers please!

http://www.youtube.com/user/IcarusLivesss

Gear
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 w/Seymour Duncan Blackouts
American Fender Stratocaster
Amps
Carlsbro GLX 150 Amp head/Carlsbro 1x12" Cab
Vox VT50
That's good luck...I wish I could find another bintar.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
Throw some GFS pickups in it, they're really good for the price. Or Dragonfire Pickups, same as the other. Great for the price.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance