Page 1 of 2
I'm home from college this summer and there is nothing to do here. There's a venue full of scene kids and churches, that's it.

I really want to make some more friends and meet some girls but I don't even know where to start. The nearest true city is 40 minutes away and the outlying cities are about 30. There are little towns closer but they're equally as boring.

Give me ideas Pit. I want more artistic, liberal people but it's hard to find them here. I've tried the mall, I started talking to a girl who looked my age (19). She was 14. I've gone to bookstores, no one. Video games stores, no one. I can't think of a place that wouldn't be so down to chance because I don't want to drive up there constantly for the possibility of seeing someone.

tl;dr: Going to be bored all summer, help me find people.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'd say go for the 14 year old and lie about your age.

In all seriousness: Just chill with random people, meet more random people, and so on and so on. I'm certain you already have friends, chill with their friends.
Quote by Twist of fate
I'd say go for the 14 year old and lie about your age.

In all seriousness: Just chill with random people, meet more random people, and so on and so on. I'm certain you already have friends, chill with their friends.

It's getting the random people that's the problem. And their other friends suck. I'm wanting to get in to entirely new people. Or into new people.

And I do look younger than my actual age. but the age of consent is 16 I think. Even if I yell surprise, it's still rape with a 14 year old.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
but the age of consent is 16 I think. Even if I yell surprise, it's still rape with a 14 year old.

Not if they're dead when you do it.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by BladeSlinger

Give me ideas Pit. I want more artistic, liberal people but it's hard to find them here.

The best places to find artistic liberals is either on college campuses, on the internet, or in California. Seeing as it's summer, and you live in Oklahoma, your only choice is the internet.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Just join a club/sport/society or go to parties/events/meetings/box socials.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Just join a club/sport/society or go to parties/events/meetings/box socials.

Bingo.

Don't go to the bingo. Well unless you want to meet old people.
Theyre are plenty of coffee shops in tulsa, filled with liberals, and...... Hipsters.
For your sake I hope heaven & hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Guitar & skateboarding. Do what you want.
Scene kids, you say? Go to a rave/concert. Meet new friends. Despite how they look, a lot of scene kids are really chill. Protip: meet a bro first. he knows girls that aren't 14 and it'll be less awkward/creepy than if you just go up to a random scene chick and start chatting her up.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by fearofthemark
Scene kids, you say? Go to a rave/concert. Meet new friends. Despite how they look, a lot of scene kids are really chill.

I know, I have scene friends. This venue is awful though.

I'm not in to sports at all and I'm not sure if I want to join a club where I'll be driving so far. There are no interesting events. I've considering seeing a musical or watching the rare orchestra performance though. I would go to coffee places but I just can't find out where they are. I know a really cool one but it's in the north end of Tulsa (I'm 40 minutes to the south of Tulsa in general) and it's only interesting at night. I work full time on week days so I can't exactly stay out late except on weekends.

And yes, I realize the internet is my main option.

EDIT: If I can find cool places to go, I have a friend or two I'd go with. I went with a chick friend when I met the 14 year old. I don't want to go so far for the off chance I'll meet someone. I'd rather go with friends and have a more group environment before I hang out with new ones privately.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by BladeSlinger
more artistic, liberal people

(read: annoying)

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Go out around people in an element you're comfortable in

Meeting people is easy - you just have to want to go out and do it.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Xiaoxi
(read: annoying)

You don't live here. They can be annoying but this whole place is super conservative, sports obsessed, super Christians. Artist, liberal people here are people who don't think the Bible should dictate the country and support the arts to some degree.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Anyone from your high school that are still around? I found that the kids I didn't like in high school are some really cool people. I'd go with that, and through them, you'll meet a whole bunch of new people too. That's what I'm doing now, but it's a little easier since I live in a bigger city.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by BladeSlinger
It's getting the random people that's the problem. And their other friends suck. I'm wanting to get in to entirely new people. Or into new people.

And I do look younger than my actual age. but the age of consent is 16 I think. Even if I yell surprise, it's still rape with a 14 year old.

WHAT?
Spread Hope Like Fire

Angels and Airwaves

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem
Quote by BladeSlinger
You don't live here. They can be annoying but this whole place is super conservative, sports obsessed, super Christians. Artist, liberal people here are people who don't think the Bible should dictate the country and support the arts to some degree.

There are plenty of people who are moderate and support the arts, even if they are Christians, without having to be "artistic and liberal" per se....

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
There are plenty of people who are moderate and support the arts, even if they are Christians, without having to be "artistic and liberal" per se....

You don't get it man. They actually BELIEVE IN A GOD.
Quote by Xiaoxi

Maybe not where he's from
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
Anyone from your high school that are still around? I found that the kids I didn't like in high school are some really cool people. I'd go with that, and through them, you'll meet a whole bunch of new people too. That's what I'm doing now, but it's a little easier since I live in a bigger city.

I do hang out with some of them when they're around and there was a girl who used to annoy me that's really cool.

That being said, I graduated with about 80 and around 10% are parents by now or more. The rest are mostly what I said to Xiaoxi. The ones I know are pretty cool, just not people I would hang out with. A lot drink a lot which I'm not in to. And most of them aren't really around anymore but I may see if I can try hanging out with the few I did like.

EDIT: Oh, there are plenty of conservatives who support the arts here. It's just that most don't. The people in my town freak if the football team makes it to the playoffs and gets destroyed in the first game. Our band got sweepstakes for the first time in like 35 years. No one gave a shit, same way with every other town around here.

The only place I've met people like me is at college. I just need people to entertain me until I go back. There's not much opportunity around here except church related things. We have like 7 in my town of 1,500.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by blake1221

Dear God, somebody believes in God!!!
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by brandon369852
Maybe not where he's from

Yea but why go to the other extreme? They're just as annoying.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by blake1221

Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea but why go to the other extreme? They're just as annoying.

The extremes aren't who I'm looking for, they're around here too. I said artistic and liberal. I didn't say extremely liberal or anything. I would just like some like minded people to have some conversations with and have fun. It's not like I'm wanting something unusual, I simply specified.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Dear God, somebody believes in God!!!

I know right? How can we tolerate all religions if we have Christians of all people?
Quote by blake1221
I know right? How can we tolerate all religions if we have Christians of all people?

This clashes with my (lack of) beliefs
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Xiaoxi

In Oklahoma? lol.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
In Oklahoma? lol.

Oh, there definitely are. They're just good at....hiding. Until they know it's safe at least. I've only met the adults though, not really any my age. If they're my age they're usually brainwashed by religion. Not religious by their own choice, brainwashed. The good religious people are almost as rare as the liberal people in the open.

If I lived in Tulsa it would be easy, but I don't.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by blake1221

God no!

OT: Leave town man, and go back to where you used to be.
Who would want to be around liberal people?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
God no!

OT: Leave town man, and go back to where you used to be.

College?

It's expensive compared to living with my parents and the place is dead in the summer.

EDIT: Liberals want to be around other liberals because it makes them feels less wrong.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
College?

It's expensive compared to living with my parents and the place is dead in the summer.

EDIT: Liberals want to be around other liberals because it makes them feels less wrong.

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by K Reyn
Take up bass fishing.

I already play bass.

And I hate fishing.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
I do hang out with some of them when they're around and there was a girl who used to annoy me that's really cool.

That being said, I graduated with about 80 and around 10% are parents by now or more. The rest are mostly what I said to Xiaoxi. The ones I know are pretty cool, just not people I would hang out with. A lot drink a lot which I'm not in to. And most of them aren't really around anymore but I may see if I can try hanging out with the few I did like.

EDIT: Oh, there are plenty of conservatives who support the arts here. It's just that most don't. The people in my town freak if the football team makes it to the playoffs and gets destroyed in the first game. Our band got sweepstakes for the first time in like 35 years. No one gave a shit, same way with every other town around here.

The only place I've met people like me is at college. I just need people to entertain me until I go back. There's not much opportunity around here except church related things. We have like 7 in my town of 1,500.

Any reason in particular you don't drink? I'm not saying that's what you HAVE to do, but I found that when I started socially drinking with friends, I met A LOT more people. Just an option. I'd just recommend not hanging with the same people. Try and see if people you hardly see wanna hang out. Maybe they have new friends.
Follow me on Twitter
Meeting people is easy.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Go to church and the scene venue. Why not? Sometimes you've got to make the best of what's available.
Page 1 of 2