Hi, I have a RR24 in D standard. It's amazing, but I'm looking for a cheaper guitar

Mainly for:

Drop C or B Metal Rhythm
Fixed Bridge - I need some serious tuning stability here, that's the main concern here
25.5 scale
24 frets
Hopefully have a nice neck pick-up for some serious chunk
$300-$400

I was looking at some of the RG fixed's but their names are so confusing I can never remember what I'm looking at. I saw an RG at my local store for $300

If anyone can give me a little insight into things I should be looking for with this guitar that'd be awesome
Ibanez RGR321
Thats a fixed bridge....cept it has covered passives....which imo aren't that good
Or
Ibanez RGA42
This one has a fixed bridge, I think it also has ibanez actives
Quote by Highelf04
Ibanez RGR321
Thats a fixed bridge....cept it has covered passives....which imo aren't that good
Or
Ibanez RGA42
This one has a fixed bridge, I think it also has ibanez actives

I support both of these.

Either get the RGR321EX and switch out the pickups

or

Get the RGA42, save up and get better actives.

And yes, the RGA42 does have actives.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Who the **** gave everyone the Idea that Ibanez is the best brand?!? Let me let ALL of you in on a little secret...Joe Satriani & Steve Vai...have Full-Time Guitar Tech's...they have the intonation set on their guitars every time they change the strings, okay...Get a Gibson USA guitar, NOT AN EPIPHONE OR A MAESTRO BY GIBSON, GET A REAL GIBSON, LES PAUL, FLYING V, EXPLORER, WHATEVER...& THEN U GET THE OPTIONS TO CHANGE THE PICKUPS....if it were up to me, I would buy a Les Paul HHH (HHH meaning Humbucker in the Neck Position, Humbucker in the Middle Position, & Humbucker in the Bridge Position) THEN, EMG-81 Active Humbucker (Bridge Position), EMG-60 Active Humbucker (Middle Position), EMG-85 Active Humbucker (Neck Position) & either wire them or have them wired so Center Switch Position - all 3 Humbuckers On...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Quote by Plan B.
What about the Jackson JS32T Rhoads?

As much as I have a raging hard on for all things Jackson, that's probability not your best option.

TS, try looking around at Les Paul style guitars. I suggest going to Rondo Music, and if you don't the selection, try looking at LTD and Epiphone. The Epi Les Paul Customs are great guitars for the money, and can be found around Guitar Centers for maybe $400 at the cheapest.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Mazz-
Who the **** gave everyone the Idea that Ibanez is the best brand?!? Let me let ALL of you in on a little secret...Joe Satriani & Steve Vai...have Full-Time Guitar Tech's...they have the intonation set on their guitars every time they change the strings, okay...Get a Gibson USA guitar, NOT AN EPIPHONE OR A MAESTRO BY GIBSON, GET A REAL GIBSON, LES PAUL, FLYING V, EXPLORER, WHATEVER...& THEN U GET THE OPTIONS TO CHANGE THE PICKUPS....if it were up to me, I would buy a Les Paul HHH (HHH meaning Humbucker in the Neck Position, Humbucker in the Middle Position, & Humbucker in the Bridge Position) THEN, EMG-81 Active Humbucker (Bridge Position), EMG-60 Active Humbucker (Middle Position), EMG-85 Active Humbucker (Neck Position) & either wire them or have them wired so Center Switch Position - all 3 Humbuckers On...

Since when were Gibson Les Pauls cheap?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
It's good you're looking at getting a second guitar. You can use it for alternate tunings. Then when you are on stage, you have a second guitar to switch to if the other one breaks a string or develops a problem. Just wanted to throw that in.
Last edited by joesix at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by Mazz-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVAyCbZL1Zw&feature=related
Quote by Mazz-

I have played many of them and own two, so I guess the answer is that MY HANDS told me Ibanez are the best. Obviously your hands tell you differently and thats great. Many people disagree with me, just like many people will disagree with you. But the best part is that there are different guitars for different preferences.
Quote by Mazz-

Your a ****ing idiot.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by NosralTserrof
As much as I have a raging hard on for all things Jackson, that's probability not your best option.

TS, try looking around at Les Paul style guitars. I suggest going to Rondo Music, and if you don't the selection, try looking at LTD and Epiphone. The Epi Les Paul Customs are great guitars for the money, and can be found around Guitar Centers for maybe $400 at the cheapest.

Why not I have that guitar it does a pretty good job for the price.
Quote by Mazz-

Who the **** gave you the idea that Gibson is the best brand?

And do "U REALLY GET THE OPTIONS TO CHANGE THE PICKUPS?!!??"
Really!?
I had no idea that was only possible on a Gibson!
Quote by Mazz-

If you can't manage an argument logically or coherently, I suggest you don't post, cuz its really pointless how you're whoring a brand and your dream guitar for the sake of personal preference.

TS, have you considered a Yamaha? Either one of their mid range guitar or get a Pacifica?

If you get a Pacifica, you'd have enough money left over to install upgrades like better nut or saddle, or plonk in really chunky pickups like a DiMarzio D-Activator that'd be really great for metal.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 15, 2011,
Quote by Mazz-

you like playing metal on a 24.75 inch neck do you?

are you handicapped?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
you like playing metal on a 24.75 inch neck do you?

are you handicapped?

Judging by his quote, I say yes!
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by leo4sf
I have played many of them and own two, so I guess the answer is that MY HANDS told me Ibanez are the best. Obviously your hands tell you differently and thats great. Many people disagree with me, just like many people will disagree with you. But the best part is that there are different guitars for different preferences.

TS: A Jackson JS might be good, since it will have a similar neck to the guitar you own. Ibanez is also a good choice though. IMO Ibanez makes the best quality guitars out there for that price range. I'd suggest an RG321 or an RG32, like someone above mentioned already.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X